Could BUFFEL be the key?

disgruntled_bear

Buffel isn't a direct replacement for Ferguson though. Not when we're playing 4-4-2 anyway.

I really wasn't impressed by Buffel when he came on. Didn't really get involved for me. I've never hidden the fact that I'm not a fan of his. I think we need a player of his style, but he's not the answer for me.

It may be worth a try IF BF does not get his act together soon. Gow too maybe?

Frankly we need a new` quality midfielder to assist Barry - to give him better options.

The return of JCD, Novo and Burke should add pace and flairn along with Buffel, Naismith and Gow if given a chance.

I don't think Buffel is disciplined enough to play center midfield. As a center midfielder you have to provide some sort of defensive cover, which I don't think Buffel is capable of.

In front of Barry, yes, but not in place of him.

I don't think Buffel is disciplined enough to play center midfield. As a center midfielder you have to provide some sort of defensive cover, which I don't think Buffel is capable of.

In front of Barry, yes, but not in place of him.

I'm sure he's played centre midfield for belgium

No. Drop Ferguson and replace him with Buffel? We'd get murdered in the middle of the park. I know Ferguson has been playing p*sh but this would be a silly move. Why not play both?

I think Ferguson will find his form just in time for the Old Firm, probably put in a great shift on Saturday at Easter Road!

No. Drop Ferguson and replace him with Buffel? We'd get murdered in the middle of the park. I know Ferguson has been playing p*sh but this would be a silly move. Why not play both?

I think Ferguson will find his form just in time for the Old Firm, probably put in a great shift on Saturday at Easter Road!

I'm saying rest him after the OLDFIRM game if he's still playing pish

i dont know how people can even think about leaving barry out of the team, next they will want charlie to take his place.

He needs a rest and quite frankly he's playing like a man down recently

i still would not risk it, he could turn it on against hibs and will be right up for it against the tims.

Can't see Walter dropping Barry for Buffel, but I would like to see how a midfield with KT and TB goes against someone like...Gretna or St Mirren?

East Stirling maybe?

Thats exactly what i'm saying rest barry after the OLDFIRM game, I think Buffel could do a job at centre mid with KT

Maybe some people dont want to run the risk incase we actually play better without ferguson in the team :rolleyes:

i dont know how people can even think about leaving barry out of the team, next they will want charlie to take his place.

He needs a rest and quite frankly he's playing like a man down recently

i still would not risk it, he could turn it on against hibs and will be right up for it against the tims.

I'm not saying drop him before the oldfirm game, i'm saying after the oldfirm game

The team is built around Barry Ferguson. He is useless in a midfield 2, Hence why Advocaat played 4-3-3, McLeish played 4-3-3 and why Walter plays 4-5-1. Even at International level we play to his strengths and end up being so negative.

He is neither a defensive midfielder or an attacking midfielder, so we have to crowd the midfield to accomadate him and cover for the things he cant do. He'd be useful in a great team, but Rangers are actually poorer for having to play to his strengths. Were so slow and predictable.

Rangers will never play 4-4-2 in the correct manner, unless we have a player in the mould of Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Kaka, Diego, Ballack, Scheijder etc in the middle of the park, who can pass, run with the ball, shoot and change games, alongside a player (Thomson) who is going to do all the dirty work for the team.

Buffel and Barry are completely different styles of player and I don't think Buffel could play in the central midfield role, unless it was the front player of a three man mid.

Buffel makes runs into channels, plays we back heels, short incisive passes and one twos.

Barry sees the runners, makes all range of passes and helps out defensively.

Baz may be having a bad patch, havn't we all, but he has the class to shine on all stages and WILL come good. I think having a Buffel or a Buffel type of player on the park would make a big difference to his performances too.