Overrated?

nvager

I was talking to a mate of mine who said " Buffel, McCulloch and Cousin are by far the most overrated players at Ibrox. Went on to say Buffel has had a THOUSAND chances and never took them. LM is NEVER a footballer. D Cousin is slow and just not interested - Boyd's much better."

Anyone strongly agree/disagree?

I was talking to a mate of mine who said " Buffel, McCulloch and Cousin are by far the most overrated players at Ibrox. Went on to say Buffel has had a THOUSAND chances and never took them. LM is NEVER a footballer. D Cousin is slow and just not interested - Boyd's much better."

Football is all about opinions...some people say barry ferguson is overated :unsure:

strongly agree especially with Cousin and Buffel.

i like McCulloch, but got to admit he is hitting a bit of a dry spell, id like to see him be a bit more involved if he is going to continue on the left wing!!

strongly agree especially with Cousin and Buffel.

i like McCulloch, but got to admit he is hitting a bit of a dry spell, id like to see him be a bit more involved if he is going to continue on the left wing!!

Prior to his sending of against Aberdeen, he set our goal.

Can't really get much more involved than that I would argue.

I like McCulloch as he is an out and out Bear....hope he finds his game again soon which I am sure he will. Agree about Cousin...but then he has been in huffy hormonal mode lately...Buffel...I think he has talent but never managed to create a good partnership with Baz....if they find him the right midfield link up he could be great

I know people are singling him out as the reason for our anti football, but McCulloch isn't really hitting a dry spell in terms of his contribution though.

He has two assists and two goals in his past three games, which would be considered to be trememendous form if it was a more elegant player.

buffel and cousin are two stereotypical sulk bags,if its not going their way they hide,mcculloch although isnt the most technically gifted hes a battering ram and a trier and gets my respect over those other 2 wasters.

Would you rather have triers that generally lack the quality needed to win you anything, or players who can be annoynomous for large spells of games, but change it in one moment?

I know people are singling him out as the reason for our anti football, but McCulloch isn't really hitting a dry spell in terms of his contribution though.

He has two assists and two goals in his past three games, which would be considered to be trememendous form if it was a more elegant player.

Well, before the Hearts he'd got an assist against Falkirk and other than that he'd been neigh annonymous for the vast majority of the previous 2 months

Two goals? The Goalie dropped it in the net for the Second of those two!! :lol:

Well, before the Hearts he'd got an assist against Falkirk and other than that he'd been neigh annonymous for the vast majority of the previous 2 months

I'm not biting, becuase tbh I can't be arsed!

They all count though. And if he didn't hit the shot for the keeper to fumble it ito his own het we would ahve finished 1-1. Maybe you should think about that. It's not how they go in. It's the going in that counts.

I'm not biting, becuase tbh I can't be arsed!

Fair enough, wasn't meant as a bite as you put it but a fair point and the first point I made was something a lot more people were saying than just me.

I'm going to say where I stand on this one before I go to have my Soup.

1. McCulloch: Vastly over-rated as a midfielder by those who do rate him as one and not great as as striker either as we've seen against ICT and 1 or 2 teams where he played up-front
  2. Buffel: Probably is slighltly over-rated at times but is a very good player and should more often than not than not be in the team
  3. Cousin: Could you do a lot more IMO for the skill that he seemingly has. Is Over-rated though

They all count though. And if he didn't hit the shot for the keeper to fumble it ito his own het we would ahve finished 1-1. Maybe you should think about that. It's not how they go in. It's the going in that counts.

Fair enough but it seemed that it was used as an example that he may be crucial because of it but I disagreed if that was the point (tu)

Boab, why the hell are you telling us this?!

I remember you once took the piss out of Mad Dog for adding something a little erroneous to a thread - something irrelevant and told us too much about what he was doing or about to. You do it ALL the time doh

Tell your mate, you respect his opinion, but if he never gives you it again it would be much appreciated.

(tu)

This is a FORUM! Everyone is entitled to his opinion. Just because you may disagree with my friend that does not mean that you are right. He may or may not be right, YOU may well be right, BUT he at least has expressed a point of view and that is what this forum is all about. Opinions matter here. If everyone just turned around and said "tell him just to shut up because I disagree with him" there would be no forum. You guys have good opinions - lets hear them.

:craphead:

Boab, why the hell are you telling us this?!

I remember you once took the piss out of Mad Dog for adding something a little erroneous to a thread - something irrelevant and told us too much about what he was doing or about to. You do it ALL the time doh

Not ALL the tme at all, I'd have thought there were more important things you could be pointing out to people or to do as an admin than point that out. Cheers though