Elder Scrolls - oblivian

True_Blue_Gal

I have raised this thread before but having problems with it. I still can't really progress on too much with levels, can anyone help? I am doing the mages guild and have recomendations from Bruma, Skingrad, Anvil. Having probs with the Bravil one, anyone help?

It is true that when you level up the enemies will scale up with you thus making it pretty much as easy as when you first encountered the enemy.

I believe there is a difficulty slider bar in the Options>Gameplay menu. Doing this takes longer to level up.

In my experience the easiest way to level up is by doing the arena and fighters guild quests, as the mages guild reccommendations are just collecting things etc.

Hope this helps (tu)

It is true that when you level up the enemies will scale up with you thus making it pretty much as easy as when you first encountered the enemy.

I believe there is a difficulty slider bar in the Options>Gameplay menu. Doing this takes longer to level up.

In my experience the easiest way to level up is by doing the arena and fighters guild quests, as the mages guild reccommendations are just collecting things etc.

Hope this helps (tu)

Thanks! I shall try the arena and fighters guild. I have almost got my 7 recommendations for the mages guild and really struggled with the silliest goblins and vampires

I am stuck, can anyone else help? I have bought some mansion and its full of ghosts right and i have killed the 7 ghosts but this guy comes back from the dead and i need a weapon that enchanted, does anyone know how i can gain this? can i buy one somewhere?

Have you did the side quest in Bravil (I think it is, the same town where the abbey is), you come across an old guy in the wee bar not the fancy one, he asks you to help his sons protect the farm, complete this quest without either son dying and he gives you a fairly useful enchanted sword.

Alternatively, if you have completed the mages guild recommendations and can access the mages guild university, in one of the buildings you can enchant items by using enchanted soul gems, just make sure you have the ability to use some spless such as fire attacks etc, and you can enchant a sword or whatever weapon you prefer with this type of attack.

Another way is to murder someone without getting caught, when you do the first task for the Dark Brotherhood you will be given a weapon, initially it's not enchanted and not very strong in attack but as a last resort it can be used against ghost etc.

I always find fighting the goblins the hardest they are a total pain, wander around the world find caves and forts etc and you can pick up a lot of useful items.

Have you did the side quest in Bravil (I think it is, the same town where the abbey is), you come across an old guy in the wee bar not the fancy one, he asks you to help his sons protect the farm, complete this quest without either son dying and he gives you a fairly useful enchanted sword.

Alternatively, if you have completed the mages guild recommendations and can access the mages guild university, in one of the buildings you can enchant items by using enchanted soul gems, just make sure you have the ability to use some spless such as fire attacks etc, and you can enchant a sword or whatever weapon you prefer with this type of attack.

Another way is to murder someone without getting caught, when you do the first task for the Dark Brotherhood you will be given a weapon, initially it's not enchanted and not very strong in attack but as a last resort it can be used against ghost etc.

I always find fighting the goblins the hardest they are a total pain, wander around the world find caves and forts etc and you can pick up a lot of useful items.

Thanks poetry! I managed to kill him , he was a lish and nasty one at that hee hee. managed to get his staff but not sure how to use it.

Also i am now trying to this mission on a boat and there are 3 ghosts, can kill the first but the other 2 come at once and its brutal hee ehe.

So if i get all 7 recommendations from mages guild i will be able to enchant? I have soul gems and that.

Thanks poetry! I managed to kill him , he was a lish and nasty one at that hee hee. managed to get his staff but not sure how to use it.

Also i am now trying to this mission on a boat and there are 3 ghosts, can kill the first but the other 2 come at once and its brutal hee ehe.

So if i get all 7 recommendations from mages guild i will be able to enchant? I have soul gems and that.

To use a staff, you equip it as a weapon and press your attack button like you would with a sword, advantage is you can be at a distance!

Yeah, getting all recommendations gives you access to the Arcane University and in one of the buildings are alters where you can enchant weapons.

If it's the boat one in the same area as the manor you now own, it's a pain in the backside, by the way there are more than three ghosts.

To use a staff, you equip it as a weapon and press your attack button like you would with a sword, advantage is you can be at a distance!

Yeah, getting all recommendations gives you access to the Arcane University and in one of the buildings are alters where you can enchant weapons.

If it's the boat one in the same area as the manor you now own, it's a pain in the backside, by the way there are more than three ghosts.

Yes i found that out on the boat hee hee. I got them all and had a nice loot. The staff has been equipped but nothing happens so i suspect i shall need to charge it.

Probably, it works like any other enchanted weapon, it runs out after a while, you can use soul stones for that, and in some of the mages guilds you can pay a member to re-charge the weapon for you.

I haven't used it ever since i acquired it tho

• 9 months later...
Was thinking of getting this for the PS3...worth it? Only £20 now :P

It's well worth it mate. Get the GOTY edition coz you get the extra Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine Expansions with it. There is so much you can do it's amazing and you're basically given free reign of this massive world.