Motherwell Captain Dies

Ibroxblue

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...Aye, there are always vermin in any support. Thing is, you can't tar everyone with the same brush, even if they are our rivals. There were many Celtic scarves, etc. at the gates when Coop passed on. We should concern ourselves with doing what is morally right, that which raises up our club, not with sinking to the level of the lowest example of supporter.

Aye, there are always vermin in any support. Thing is, you can't tar everyone with the same brush, even if they are our rivals. There were many Celtic scarves, etc. at the gates when Coop passed on. We should concern ourselves with doing what is morally right, that which raises up our club, not with sinking to the level of the lowest example of supporter.

(tu)

it is tragic news, it makes u think how fragile life is - it makes it even worse that he has four young boys my heart goes out to them- hope it is a minutes apllause on wednesday - i hate silence we should remember people by tribute instead of sorrow, hopefully the old firm game will lead the way in remembering phil.

rip phil

im sure at 1 time we all cursed phil but when i heard this news my eyes filled he was a well respected and dedicated footballer and my thoughts are with his family at this tragic time

R.I.P Phil O'Donnell

its just the saddest thing....I was listening to Clyde when they said Phil had been stretchered off with an oxygen mask after collapsing it reminded me of Miklos Feher.....its just a tragedy he has a wife and four young children, he was a real family man and a real decent guy

deepest sympathy to his family....go in peace Phil

as someone who lost their father far too early and had to navigate that terrifying road of growing up without him, my sincere and deepest condolences are given to his family and friends. i was so shocked to hear the news. the best thing we can do is show just how much he was admired in the football community. fois do t'anam

I would like to add my condolences to the messages in this thread.

it is such a shame that a player who seemed to play it in the correct spirit, and who has a young family, to leave this planet in such a way, so young. But my thoughts go out to his family, friends, members of Motherwell team/ fans etc, and anyone who has been affected by this

I was truly shocked when I heard the news. I was driving the car, and on 5 live I heard it. I very nearly swerved off the road when i heard it, i was that shocked.

I don't think there is anything else to say, except RIP Phil, you will sadly be missed from Motherwell, the SPl and everything else you were involved with.

When Coop was taken from us we were overwhemed by support /respect from the rivals , lets give some back . At this time of year we remember absent friends ,sadly we remember another . Phil O Donnel RIP

no offence mate but many of the scumbags reveled in Coops death and have sang the "Fuck Davie Cooper hes deid" line for many years and started a few other disgraceful jokes at the time.

That well may be the case, but let us along with all decent football fans continue to show the dignity and genuine sadness registered so far on this thread.

(tu)

Its just so tragic. Surely now footballers need to have monthly check ups or something to make sure everything is in working order.

Young fit people do just drop dead unfortunately. It happened a few weeks ago to a guy of a similar age in my home town. He was a rugby player and a coach of local colts. Left a young famiy just like Phil O'Donnel. Not sure of the practicality of checking everybody monthly...just wouldn't be viable would be my guess.

Its just so tragic. Surely now footballers need to have monthly check ups or something to make sure everything is in working order.

Young fit people do just drop dead unfortunately. It happened a few weeks ago to a guy of a similar age in my home town. He was a rugby player and a coach of local colts. Left a young famiy just like Phil O'Donnel. Not sure of the practicality of checking everybody monthly...just wouldn't be viable would be my guess.

someone has been successfully campaigning for screenings. These sudden deaths happen far to often to young fit healthy people. The tragedy with Phil brought this to the forefront again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7164808.stm

someone has been successfully campaigning for screenings. These sudden deaths happen far to often to young fit healthy people. The tragedy with Phil brought this to the forefront again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7164808.stm

I didnt know that bearette. It would be great if possible.