What was the main reason?

bluenose_jr

Yesterday was the best we've played for a long, long time.

We were patient, passing with precision & keeping the ball on the ground most of the time.

But what was the difference for this?

IMHO it was Hemdani who is probably my favourite player of the last few seasons.

It could be McCullochs suspension or the fact Burke & Naismith played.

Long may it continue that I enjoy the football we play instead of missing out the midfield & punting it right up the park.

RIP

Phil O'Donnel

The 4-5-1 system can be lethal if the correct personnel is played. Early on in the season we were playing ...

--------Hemdani--Thomson------

-Whittaker--Ferguson--McCulloch--

--------------Cousin----------------

Which does not work as Lee and Whittaker are not getting themselves forward enough and not creating anything. We would occasionally play Adam in there as well which does nothing. We were left passing it around deep in midfield then eventually playing a long ball up for a knock down which rarely came off.

Yesterday we went with..

-------Hemdani--Thomson-------

--Burke----Ferguson---Naismith--

------------Cousin---------------

Which worked because of the pace down each flanks to support Cousin and both players willing to create and score goals. This helped Cousin as he was getting the ball at his feet and linking up well with the wingers and midfield and we scored 2 good goals because of it.

I think its clear, McCulloch should only be played as part of a front 2 and never on the wing or we will revert back to the dull style of play we were struggling with.

Hopefully WS sticks with what is clearly working on Wednesday..cant see it though

With hemdani on the field... he'd be perfect on the pitch with buffel, as he'd present the bll to big tams feet.

Walter keep it this way, it looks great and we're winning games. Naismith and burke on the wings, providing alot of pace, especially with hutton up with burke. Hemdani deserves a game now... we complain about a 4-5-1.. but thats because it was all muscle and lumping the ball about. Now with pace and creativity, and hemdani and thomson on form, we can control the midfield and win games.

We now have 2 wingers who want to actually get on the ball nd attack instead of being scared of the ball

Helps a lot - creativity and pace! Would like Burke to stay on his feet more all the same. Goes down far too easily imo.

i would say the main reason we played well was that we have creative players like burke and naismith in the team instead of our usual midfield crammed with defensive players with no creativity. One thing i did notice was that our passing was miles better than it has been. Mainly due to hemdani barely misplacing a pass. There were times we passed the ball 50+ times without losing it. Not exactly rocket science that if you keep possession you will do well in the game but its amazing how bad our passing has been the past few weeks.

i would say the main reason we played well was that we have creative players like burke and naismith in the team instead of our usual midfield crammed with defensive players with no creativity. One thing i did notice was that our passing was miles better than it has been. Mainly due to hemdani barely misplacing a pass. There were times we passed the ball 50+ times without losing it. Not exactly rocket science that if you keep possession you will do well in the game but its amazing how bad our passing has been the past few weeks.

Exactly

& the fans were loving it & really pissing off the opposition players & fans.

I wouldve preferred more goals but I dont think we were ever really under pressure.

I agree with what Bear said, hibs were rank rotten & for that reason I dont think TC will get the job.