When will McGregor be Scotland's No 1

Well if Gordon is kept out of the picture and playing in a lower league, it would be difficult to ignore Alan as No1. If a team had to be picked today for a match, Im sure Alan is ahead as things stand. However,I think that overall, Gordon is the better of the two.

Either way, we have got 2 good keepers to call upon and that is no bad thing.

Err - I like McGregor - but I am sorry Gordon IS a better keeper and even if Sunderland are relegated he (Gordon) would still be my number one pick for the national team - maybe if they get relegated we could get Gordon!

AMc is not a bad keeper - I would be happy for him in goal for Scotland but if both he and CG are fit then I would choose Gordon - he is consistent as well (and got a shit defense at moment) so gets lots of practise (LOL).

Gordon is there for this season at least.. But let's face it.. given what's gone on for him down south, it's just a matter of time before AM gets his Scotland #1 chance? Gordon is a very good Keeper but not that far ahead of AM imho. And AM is getting great exp. in the CL and now UEFA cup.... and a real fight for the league title. All good for him.

There both really gd goalkeepers, both fairly young (for a gk).

I woud not waste money on Gordon if sunderland got relegated, coz we would be spending millions just to get sum1 who might be slightly better than AM , or even slightly worse.

I would rather mcgregor didnt play for Scotland, Because i would be dead nearvous everytime he had to make a save, just incase he made a mistake, not that he usually does, but just because if he did for Scotland, he would never hear the end of it and it could maybee get to him.

I like AM, Hes one of us, and a very talanted one of us imo. No1 for years to come i hope :rangers:

Both goalkeepers much of a muchness, but probably McGregor just beginning to show the better of the two and will improve. Every chance McGregor will end up number 1. The transfer fee will be the undoing of both Keane and Gordon at Sunderland, wouldn't be surprised if Gordon is back up the road sooner than later. Ain't gonna make it down there. :sherlock:

The transfer fee will be the undoing of both Keane and Gordon at Sunderland, wouldn't be surprised if Gordon is back up the road sooner than later. Ain't gonna make it down there. :sherlock:

Totally disagree with this - watched nearly all Sunderland highlights and even when Sunderland getting humped (Not uncommon) - I dont think I have noticed any goals where the blame could be put on Gordon - however the defense is real poor.

The transfer fee will be the undoing of both Keane and Gordon at Sunderland, wouldn't be surprised if Gordon is back up the road sooner than later. Ain't gonna make it down there. :sherlock:

Totally disagree with this - watched nearly all Sunderland highlights and even when Sunderland getting humped (Not uncommon) - I dont think I have noyiced any goals where the blame could be put on Gordon - however the defense is real poor.

PS - And I forgot to mention he's as soft as a bollock :sherlock:

Scotland has a long history of keeping goalies in after their day has come and gone. Alan Rough and Leighton being good examples.

Gordon is still playing well and playing regularly and until that changes, he'll be in at no 1.

I'd like to see AM get the jersey because I think he deserves his chance.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram were both around for about the same time and Leighton ended up with twice as many caps as Goram did. Leighton was a good keeper but he was nowhere near twice as good as Goram. Actually I would say Leighton was nowhere near as good as Goram was to be honest. I don't think you can judge who is the better player by who is considered first choice for Scotland. I don't see much between the two and I'd be happy to have them both at Ibrox but in reality you can't keep two good keepers satisfied.

I'd rather have McGregor than Gordon. Although that is only based on Gordon's showings at Sunderland. As someone else said I'd be interested to see how McGregor would get on down there. I'll stick with McGregor for now but I'd like to see how Gordon gets on after he's left Sunderland for somone better.

Jim Leighton and Andy Goram were both around for about the same time and Leighton ended up with twice as many caps as Goram did. Leighton was a good keeper but he was nowhere near twice as good as Goram. Actually I would say Leighton was nowhere near as good as Goram was to be honest. I don't think you can judge who is the better player by who is considered first choice for Scotland. I don't see much between the two and I'd be happy to have them both at Ibrox but in reality you can't keep two good keepers satisfied.

I'd rather have McGregor than Gordon. Although that is only based on Gordon's showings at Sunderland. As someone else said I'd be interested to see how McGregor would get on down there. I'll stick with McGregor for now but I'd like to see how Gordon gets on after he's left Sunderland for somone better.

That's his lot down south he'll be back up here in jig time ! :sherlock: