Alan Hutton Transfer Situation

Ace

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who thinks we could maybe get the out-of-favour Jermain Defoe ?

very much doubt it. big english clubs would be willing to pay over £10m + for him. which is gutting when we have apparently accepted £8m for hutton :mad:

porto just told man utd bosingwa would cost £20m and we are considering selling hutton for £8m

Exactly. There is the difference between clubs. One with ambition and ours without a single drop of it.

a lot of people very negative about this...i fully understand we are losing a really good player here but i feel in the long run this may benefit us more.

just my opinion

Me too mister. When i came on here 30 mins ago i was raging when i read it, but after 10 mins i realised that it is good business, he is not worth £8m and SDM and WS have sold him sharply so they can shop around for at least two good football players that will strengthen our team.

I know a lot are pissed off but calm down and look at the bigger picture.

WATP

I'm not saying this to get backs up and just to make it clear i HATE speirs too.

But at the end there he got it right, if smith brings in 2 £3m and a £2m player and they perform then it is a great bit of business

I reluctantly agree. But I am sure it was King who said that.

SSN: Tottenham have not said anything about a deal and its all "reports in scotland". SSN do believe its a player and money, BBC says cash, too many inconsitancies

what if its cash and chimbonda?

I'm not saying this to get backs up and just to make it clear i HATE speirs too.

But at the end there he got it right, if smith brings in 2 £3m and a £2m player and they perform then it is a great bit of business

It was speirs, you can't miss that voice can ya. I want to............. never mind

i think it was spiers.

Who thinks we could maybe get the out-of-favour Jermain Defoe ?

Not a chance

Why not? He's not exactly 1st choice

He wont move to Glasgow. he is a Charlie big potatoes and will like the bright lights of London too much. JMO

If they are offering a player then it will be someone out of favour, someon who is f*ckn p*sh. I wouldnt take any of their defenders and I'd only take their quality midfielders or strikers. Unfortunatley there is not a hope in hell of them giving us a top player.

a lot of people very negative about this...i fully understand we are losing a really good player here but i feel in the long run this may benefit us more.

just my opinion

Me too mister. When i came on here 30 mins ago i was raging when i read it, but after 10 mins i realised that it is good business, he is not worth £8m and SDM and WS have sold him sharply so they can shop around for at least two good football players that will strengthen our team.

I know a lot are pissed off but calm down and look at the bigger picture.

WATP

He IS worth 8M... if he was in the EPL or La Liga he would be worth a helluva lot more...however up here in the SPL, being a young Scottish internationilist after having 1 very good season..being worth 8M is a very good bit of business given that he came through our ranks, and we do have cover in his position, very good cover..Whittaker will perform well at right back for us i am in no doubt.

I am disappointed Huttons away..but on the face of it, its the right thing to do

i think it was spiers.

King must have just repeated it then.

He IS worth 8M... if he was in the EPL or La Liga he would be worth a helluva lot more...however up here in the SPL, being a young Scottish internationilist after having 1 very good season..being worth 8M is a very good bit of business given that he came through our ranks, and we do have cover in his position, very good cover..Whittaker will perform well at right back for us i am in no doubt.

I am disappointed Huttons away..but on the face of it, its the right thing to do

You have answered your own question (so to speak) he play in the SPL, he is NOT tested week in week out, he has only truley been tested probably 10 times in his career (mabe more) where as in the EPL he is tested nearly every week.

just my opinion

You've stressed the point a few times that he is not irreplacable. Which I agree with. However I do not think whittaker does the same job and I do not think Walter will be splashing out cash for a new RB.

I am gutted because I really believe he will become an amazing right back and I want him to stay here.

I just hope no bigger teams are interested anymore and Alan sees sense and says no. Hopefully Barry and Ally will have a wee word.