Are Rangers Better Off This Season With Hutton or the Money?

Canadaready

Thinking about the developing situation regarding Alan Hutton as a Rangers FC player, I was wondering what people's deep thoughts are on the situation?

What would have done us better? Hutton as a Rangers to deliver the SPL and possibly the UEFA Cup in 2007/2008 or eight million pounds to work with in this transfer window. At the same time, will he be leaving in the summer to the pastures of Manchester United if he somehow stays in a light blue top throughout the remainder of this year?

:rangers:

----

* Remember, this area is premoderated and published on our main page at www.rangersmedia.co.uk so please make your responses reflect this.

I'm happy he has stayed as we are progressing as a team right now and should win the league and he is key to that. But if he goes for 8 million in the summer i would not grumble as it gives us money to spend. But i get the feeling that Fergie will hand over the captains armband in the summer to try make him stay as he is captain material

Thinking about the developing situation regarding Alan Hutton as a Rangers FC player, I was wondering what people's deep thoughts are on the situation?

What would have done us better? Hutton as a Rangers to deliver the SPL and possibly the UEFA Cup in 2007/2008 or eight million pounds to work with in this transfer window. At the same time, will he be leaving in the summer to the pastures of Manchester United if he somehow stays in a light blue top throughout the remainder of this year?

:rangers

----

* Remember, this area is premoderated and published on our main page at www.rangersmedia.co.uk so please make your responses reflect this.

Am glad he is stayin for now and am thinking he could be sold to Man United at the end of the season with Wes Brown arriving at Rangers as part of the deal

the way i see it, if hutton stays then we have the best right back in Brittan playing for us. so surely with the best players we can go on to win the league, and who knows what next year...maybe a longer run in the champions league. that would lead to more money. so we wouldnt need the 9million from his sale?

the way i see it, if hutton stays then we have the best right back in Brittan playing for us. so surely with the best players we can go on to win the league, and who knows what next year...maybe a longer run in the champions league. that would lead to more money. so we wouldnt need the 9million from his sale?

I agree, we should always strive to keep our best players to bring success to Rangers. We talk about not having enough quality within the squad like the good old days of Gazza, Laudrap etc, and now that we have a player who could grace teams from those days some of us want to sell him to bring cash into the club.

8/9 million is probably market value for Hutton, so it would have to be a ridiculous offer for him above and beyond market value before I would consider selling.

Hutton staying definately. There is no point having the money in the bank if we sell our best player and cannot bring someone of equal or better quality in. Or worse getting the money and then spending it on a real dud who is not good enough for Rangers. The main point is winning the SPL this year, so I believe it to be important to have the players here who can do the job, win the title, and at the moment we do have one such player in Hutton

We are not Hibs, we are Rangers. We are a buying club, not a selling club. I don't want us producing quality players from our youth system only to sell them on to make money off them.

Also, money doesn't win you anything, good players do. Yes £8m could get us one or two good players but as good as Hutton? I seriously doubt it. Plus anyone we buy would have to settle into the team, get used to the league and a new country, and there is always the gamble that they won't work out. Doubt he'll stay his whole career but the longer we can hold onto him the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Considering we hardly have 11 quality players to put on the park on Thursday I would say we should definitely have kept him, especially as he is young and strong enough to be able to recover fully for Sunday. Indeed I would almost go so far as to say we proved we weren't serious about winning the UEFA Cup when he was sold.

If Hutton was to stay does not gaurantee success at any level of the competitions we are in, at times he can be a hot head and for all we know Hutton could have one of his red mist moments, especially in the old firm, and got himself sent off causing suspensions. There is also nothing to say that he wouldn't have been injured in any of the games that he could have played in since he left.

One player doesn't make a team never mind how good that players is.

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon if Hutton had stayed we would have had an even better back 4. No Doubt about it. Yeah he may be a hot head but he has calmed down a lot since hes been under Walter Smiths Guidance. And we miss the Pace and Stability he brought to the Right hand side of the park.

hutton, we are trying to build a team capable of winning everything, not sell it

Exactly right. What is the point in selling a Valued and Key member of the squad only to replace him with someone not as good. Its just not sensible ethic. Hutton would have lapped it up in Europe this year. Playing against some of the Biggest names in Europe. A bigger chance for him to add to his Top 10 Fifa Players Ranking he claimed earlier this year. But Walter now has the cash to strengthen the squad so we shall have to see what he does with it.

Would have rathered Hutton had stayed, he could have made us succeed so much more easily in cup games as well as the main old firm games.

when he played with us, almost every goal we had scored came from that right side, but now since his departure we cant see to find a strong way of getting a goal.