Hutton Will Go

rfc_no1fan

Alan Hutton will be a Premiership player in the near future as the chase for his signature heats up.

Tottenham, Birmingham and Newcastle are the front runners for his signature, But Man Utd are watching closely to see what happens.

Rangers fans might not want Al Hutton to go, Al Hutton might not want to go (Just yet) but the sale of Hutton for £8 million is the right deal for Rangers Football Club.

I fully expect Hutton to move to England, where he will treble his wages and bring in a nice sum of money which will put Rangers in a position of strength to bring in some real quality instead of the dross we have had to endure over the years.

i could have told you that :lol:

its not a matter of if hebecomes a premiership player..its simply when?

Aye but you told us Alan Smith was a done deal. :craphead:

Ive said for months, Al Hutton has outgrown Rangers and its time to cash in.

I dont know how youve come to the conclusion he has outgrown us in a matter of months when hes still far from the finished article, hes got time to improve whilst winning trophies and playing for the club he loves before he ultimately gains that big money move

I dont know how youve come to the conclusion he has outgrown us in a matter of months when hes still far from the finished article, hes got time to improve whilst winning trophies and playing for the club he loves before he ultimately gains that big money move

He could break his leg again or get a career threatening injury.

We have to take the money that is on the table now, as it might not come in again. Lets remember Lazio offered us £500,000 or so in the Summer.

Well going to Spurs would be in his best interests in everything except a footballing sense. I don't know what their wage system is like but if it's as ludicrous as their transfer dealings then I'm guessing they will make him the largest offer as they have more money than Newcastle and Birmingham and will realise they will have to do a lot to tempt him away from Man Utd. I think the London lifestyle will appeal to him more than Birmingham and Newcastle.

In a footballing sense he'd have to be mad to consider Spurs. Perennial underachievers who aren't realistically going to break into the top four while their star players like Berbatov are desperate to leave for bigger clubs. That's another point - Hutton can hold out for bigger clubs. Man Utd are interested - Sir Alex Ferguson rates him and they need a right back with an ageing Neville, Wes Brown on the way out and Danny Simpson untested. I don't think any of could grudge him a move to arguably the biggest side in the world and I must say I'd rather he moved there as I view it as a step up rather than down like the rest of the Premiership outwith the top four. Ramos played a system with attacking full backs whilst at Sevilla and with Bale there already he'd be emulating that. He can't realistically sign Hutton so it's a compliment to Hutton that he sees him as something similar. That said with those two bombing forward on either wing Spurs weak central pairing wouldn't get any better and the defence could be even more exposed than it is currently.

In the end it's up to him. He's on good wages here and he seems to enjoy playing for Rangers. He is after all a Rangers fan and he's playing Champions League football - something he won't get at Spurs let's face it. I'd like to think he'd reject anyone to play for Rangers. If he does that then he'll be halfway there to legend status assuming he turns out this current level of performance. I don't want him to leave but the money we could make could be put towards a creative midfielder, a left back and back into youth development. It'd be good business if we were like Sevilla - they sold their right back Sergio Ramos for a hefty fee (€27m) and had Dani Alves to replace him who will no doubt go for the same or even more!

Hutton is an excellent attacking full back..

hes not the finished defender.

hes never won a championship medal with the club he loves.

stillgot a fair bit to achieve with rangers imo

The trouble is there is no guarantee that he'll get the opportunity to earn the kind of money he's been offered in the future. He'll know from his own short experience that things can change very quickly.

Just not sure about this one, I think £8m is a fair deal for us and chances are hell be offered a better deal than hes on at the moment.

Just hope if we do the money is spent on 1-2 quality first teamers rather than 4-5 average players for the squad.

I am so happy he is staying...so far ....but you are right I mean who would not take up an offer to triple their wages...his girlfriend will be go up a level in wagdom...I mean how long can he resist?! I think he would like to be with SAF as apart from Wenger is the best manager to raise up young players to the next level

He could break his leg again or get a career threatening injury.

yes but he could also play a stormer for the rest of the season and win us the league to get back into the champs league which gets us more than the £8 mil transfer fee. He could then get us into the last 8 of the champs league or even better, so no point saying he might break his leg again coz he might not

It is nice to see that not all fotoballers now will jump at a huge wage increase just for the sake of earning more and is doing what is best for him, although he will leave eventually when one of the top 4 comes in i believe

Well Done Alan

I thought it was 9 or 10 appearances - 25% of the games - a player had to play in.

If it isn't then I'm mistaken. :)

PS: It is 10 in the EPL so maybe that's what I'm thinking of... Hutton made 10 SPL appearances in 2004/05.