Barry Robson

Spoke with one of his mates yesterday, he has stated that he will not sign for the other mob, he is a gers man and he is waiting for a shout to head for Ibrox.

Personally I think he could do something for our left side of midfield.

You never know! but at the end of the day money talks.

We need to rise above SPL mediocricy if we are to progress as a team. Admittidly, he is one of the better players, but how often have we seen good looking players in poor teams fail at the Old Firm? I dont think he is much better than what we have tbh.

Glad he's a Gers man but if we're not interested and the manks offer him a deal, which will no doubt double his wages at Utd, I very much doubt he'd knock them back.

Have to agree that I dont think he is much better than what we have. You could argue he's more mobile than Adam but then that wouldn't be hard. Doubt he'd score more goals than Adam though.

I'd prefer we spend the quoted 2 million on someone with a little better quality, no offense to the boy.

He is definately the best of the rest in the SPL, and I wouldnt mind if we took him. He has more pace/work about him than Charlie Adam and delivers a set piece with more consistency too.

There are better players out in the big bad world of course, but if we ended up with him I wouldnt cry myself to sleep.

Spoke with one of his mates yesterday, he has stated that he will not sign for the other mob, he is a gers man and he is waiting for a shout to head for Ibrox.

Scott Brown anyone?

I dont care who he supports and I certainly dont want Barry Robson anywhere near Rangers. £1.5-2million for a decent SPL player who's almost 30, no thanks. If we are to sign anyone then they have to be of real quality. I'd be pretty annoyed if we signed Robson.

Most fans go by the logic that "the SPL is our bread and butter this season"

Surely if we are going by that then signing players who have performed consistantly in the league should still remain our priority in terms of signings, even at this stage of the season?

He garuntees goals, consistant good delivery, experience and that sort of mad streak that we still lack at times.

We should always be looking to improve on what we have and he would improve us as he does what Adam does, but he does it better an dmore consistantly.

I doubt many would complain if his name was robseneo and he played for some run of the mill Siere A or La Liga side.

Na I'd still not want him. I'd actually rather have Adam than Robson. Where I stay the majority of people support United. They say he's a good player but not good enough for Rangers and he'd be wasted on the bench.

I dont think he's good and that's why he's played at Inverness and Dundee United all his career. This season's Paul Hartley. Give me Andrew Driver before Robson.

Guest The Brown Brogue
Where I stay the majority of people support United. They say he's a good player but not good enough for Rangers and he'd be wasted on the bench.

I agree with this, I used to live in Aberdeen and I remember having the same discussion about Russell Anderson when we were linked with him.

They all said he was a good player, but not good enough for Rangers or the Premiership. It seems as if they were right on this point. When it comes to other SPL players, I would tend to listen to those who have seen the player week in week out and have seen them at their best and worst.

If this is what United fans are saying I would go with their opinion. If we are to progress as a team we need to sign players to improve the first 11, not just to make up the numbers (Broadfoot, Gow etc)

:rangers: Super Ally seemed to be very enthusiastic about Robson in his pre-game interview on BBC Scotland this afternoon. May be something in this, but is Strachan trying to encorage a bid in the way we have encouraged Celtic to buy middle of the road players in the past, or is he taking lessons from Nacho in decorum?

• 2 weeks later...