Chris Burke perfect example of being patient

Boab

Boss Backs Burke

by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH has praised the patience and attitude of winger Chris Burke as he plots a route to the top of the SPL against Dundee United tomorrow.

Burke has come in from the cold in the last three matches to play a significant role having been completely out of the picture prior to that.

Another good peformance from him and the rest of the Rangers players tomorrow at Ibrox will see Rangers move ahead of Celtic at the top of the table and Smith is pleased that players who have had to bide their time are taking their chance with relish.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It's been a feature of the season that players have come into the team and really taken their chance when they have been given it.

"When you have a good group of players as we have, it's a credit to the players who have not been playing or getting the opportunity that when they have been asked to come into the team every one of them has responded really well.

"It's easy for a manger to tell players they need to keep themselves ready to play but psychologically it is difficult for any player to accept he is not in the team on a regular basis.

"But all of our lads have shown a terrific response when they have been asked to come in and Chris Burke is a perfect example of that.

"He was probably more disappointed than most not getting a chance in the early part of the season but he is getting one now and he has shown that his approach has been good and he has kept himself in really good condition."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1206038,00.html

i said before christmas that burke had all the potential in the world but had blown his chances at ibrox. Hes come in and done very very well the past 2 games, given us that bit of pace and drive in midfield that we have been seriously lacking. Alan hutton and steven naismith are the only other players that run with the ball like burke. He still has a lot to prove imo. He was outstanding in a uefa cup game last year and then awful for weeks after that. IF he can keep playing the way he has the past 2 games then he will be like a new signing for us and will save us a lot of money in jan than can be used elsewhere. Not questioning his talent its his consistancy or lack of it. If he can keep playing well for the next few months i will happily say i was wrong. Its over to you chris.

Just said on Clyde 1 that he's etching towards MOTM. Good stuff wee man..

another 2 assists today, hes certainly doing well, hope he keeps it up and i hope he gets to play against naylor in the old firm match, hes going to tear him to shreds.

hopefully he keeps his spot in the team! (tu)

Hopefully not,after todays display. (td)

Burke supplied the crosses for both goals today, and ran himself into the ground. Ok.....sometimes his decision-making isn't all it could be. But he still gives us an attacking edge that no other player on our books does.

Maybe some people are still holding a grudge against him cuz he stalled on signing his new contract?

Huh CLyde saying he was excellent. You think otherwise PB?

He had so much of the ball today,he should have provided so much more,but continually failed to get that final pass across.

Two assists would be classed as a good day at the office for most midfielders, regardless of how much of the ball they had.

Huh CLyde saying he was excellent. You think otherwise PB?

He had so much of the ball today,he should have provided so much more,but continually failed to get that final pass across.

Two assists would be classed as a good day at the office for most midfielders, regardless of how much of the ball they had.

Yeah, I think the weeman was our MOTM today. :king:

burke had a good game again, whenever we used him he did something good with the ball including playing his parts in the goals, hes really come on to a game and I think its great! He really deserved a goal after that long run where nobody supported him so he took a strike!

burke had a good game again, whenever we used him he did something good with the ball including playing his parts in the goals, hes really come on to a game and I think its great! He really deserved a goal after that long run where nobody supported him so he took a strike!

Well I guess it's just me and that other old fart Macpherson(can't remember agreeing with him before)who thought he was lacking today,must admit though a

couple of nice assists,but so many attacks seemed to break down when he got the ball,he looked really frustrated with himself on quite a few occasions.