Cousin welcomes a move..

The Lad

Skysports.com understands Rangers forward Daniel Cousin would welcome a move to the Premier League in the January transfer window.

A number of English clubs are thought to eyeing a move for Cousin who has impressed at Ibrox since his summer arrival from Lens.

Cousin has caught the eye with some outstanding performances in Rangers' UEFA Champions League campaign including a man-of-the-match display in the 3-0 win at Lyon.

The Gabon international, who has scored eight goals so far this season, is believed to have a release clause in his contract allowing him to leave for a certain fee.

Although he is happy at Ibrox, Cousin concedes the opportunity to play in England would be too good to turn down.

Ideal world

"Rangers are a big club and I enjoy playing for them, but in an ideal world I would like to play in England," Cousin told skysports.com.

"The Premier League in England is where every player wants to play and it would be great to finish my career in England."

Cousin's agent Willie McKay admitted a number of clubs are interested in the powerful forward.

"I believe there are a number of clubs from England tracking Daniel," McKay told skysports.com.

"I am sure if Rangers receive the right offer for Daniel then Walter Smith would consider the offer."

I dont think his heart was ever in Rangers. Hes welcome to GTF in that case.

On the other hand Coop he has been performing well, he has been a good signing from WS..scored some crucial goals for us and especially recently he has been playing very well.

I'd like him to stay..however if he does want to leave then he can.

On the other hand Coop he has been performing well, he has been a good signing from WS..scored some crucial goals for us and especially recently he has been playing very well.

he's scored a few goals, but i'd say playing well was stretching things. one good performance vs lyon and not much else. Can't complain when he is scoring but if he isnt he provides even less to the team than boyd does

True, hes done pretty well I agree, but like you say, if he wants to go its best for all concerned.

Can't complain when he is scoring but if he isnt he provides even less to the team than boyd does

Really? Cousin still provides a physical presence, and decent headering ability.

I like Boyd, but I feel Cousin is better on his own.

Can't complain when he is scoring but if he isnt he provides even less to the team than boyd does

Really? Cousin still provides a physical presence, and decent headering ability.

I like Boyd, but I feel Cousin is better on his own.

cousin doesn't even move.

even the goal he scored against motherwell was as a result of just standing aimlessly at the edge of the box, not what you expect from a striker.

boyd wins his fair share in the air, he just needs players to feed off that, cousin is better at holding the ball up, but even then his touch is not great

cousin has ability and one hell of a powerful shot. He is one lazy sod though, i know we call boyd lazy but boyd at least runs a bit when he hasnt got the ball, so many times i have seen cousin with the ball working quite hard outside the box but he then passes it and just stops and lets burke hutton etc run down the wing and get a cross in. A good striker would be making that pass and then running into the box. If he has bothered his ass working against aberdeen we would have won that match, naismith was making passes/crosses and cousin was just standing there. Hes a decent player and hes done better than i thought he would but i would not be disappointed if he left. If we can get a good replacement in jan he can leave but i reckon it will be in the summer. The clause is £3m in the summer so we have no need to sell him for less in the summer( daylight robbery asking £3m for him but i wont complain if we get that)

I thought Cousin had another decent display today. I certainly won't read into any supposed comments from him in the media, particularly when it's McKay that could well be behind it all.

On the park, Cousin is doing the business for me. Has scored two cracking goals recently, and today gave a good all round display.

Boyd came on and stalled over a great opportunity that was then saved, and missed a penalty. And he doesn't even jump for the ball when it's in the air. Smith is spot on starting Cousin at the moment. Only Darcheville is breathing down his neck for me.

fuck sake, hopefully this is twisting of the words, cos he hasnt been playing that badly and obviously he would like to go. It will have to be a good offer, we have set the standard for selling our players now

Get this Willie McKay to f*ck. The guy's a complete and utter c*nt and I dont know why we continue to deal with him. As for Cousin, your welcome to leave and I hope we get a decent offer in the next few weeks.

An incredible dilemma for us, as we know what he is capable of.

I'm a firm believer that we shouldn't keep a player who doesn't want to be here, so if we get a formidable offer then we should consider it.