My mate seen a guy today with......

SuperRangers

why on a rangers top though ? What direct link did he have to our club apart for being a bit part player for the yahoos for a few years, yes a minutes silence/applause but why on a top ive yet to see any rangers top with jinky on the back of it or puerta so why just for POD ?

The death of a person causes people to mourn in different ways. Some may be quiet and reflective, others may want to show their grief.

What may seem strange to you may be their way of dealing with a death. Can't really judge the guy for this.

I think Phil will be looking down feeling slightly embarrased about some of the things that have been said about him tbh.

I don't think the amount of coverage has been OTT, but some of the comments making him out to be one of Scottish Football's Greats etc are a bit excessive. I don't think he'll have wanted to be remembered as 100 times better than he actually was, only because of the tragedy that happened to him.

i have every sympathy with anyone who looses a relation or a friend but i find it hard to be more than sorry for them.but i dont know the man i feel the same if someone in the street dies ,i have respect and would not do or say anything to offend .i just find some of the reactions very ott.from those that didnt know him.

I dont recall any tim shirts with Cooper on the back. Strange indeed.

well said coops. (tu)

nah its not well said. O'Donnell's death has nothing to do with the old firm rivelry.

If the guy wants to respect O'Donnell's sad death in that way, then fair play to him. Its his own decision. And like someone said, he might have a personal connection to Phil.

Well said Kev.

End of the day, it was that blokes decision to show respect in the way he did, so i guess we have to respect his decision, and accept people show respect in many ways, and his way was to get PoD on the back of his Gers shirt

POD was a Motherwell legend..

Some of the comments made about how he was one of scotlands best ever footballers are a bit exagerrated but he was a top drawer player. The guy was the reason behind the success of motherwell imo. These young boys looked up to him in every way possible and died playing the game of his life, 5-1 up with players who he has helped progress at an early age..most of the boys playing that day were young lads who came through the youth system at clubs around scotland.

His link with celtic is not important in this. He started as a motherwell youngster and ended as a motherwell Legend..

R.I.P Phil O' Donnel

Some of the comments made about how he was one of scotlands best ever footballers are a bit exagerrated but he was a top drawer player. The guy was the reason behind the success of motherwell imo. These young boys looked up to him in every way possible and died playing the game of his life, 5-1 up with players who he has helped progress at an early age..most of the boys playing that day were young lads who came through the youth system at clubs around scotland.

His link with celtic is not important in this. He started as a motherwell youngster and ended as a motherwell Legend..

R.I.P Phil O' Donnel

well said ricksen.

That is truely one of the best ever, most sensibley worded posts I have ever seen, and Ive seen a few.

Well said young man.

R.I.P Phil O' Donnel

well said ricksen.

That is truely one of the best ever, most sensibley worded posts I have ever seen, and Ive seen a few.

Well said young man.

Agreed, good work RDB