Good Vibrations.

yellowcross

There are days when everything goes just right and fate seems to smile upon you and the world seems a good and benevolent place. Such a day was today.

First, my friend who is a close friend of McCoist said he was going to arrange with Ally for himself, a mutual friend, myself, and our three kids to go to Murray Park to meet Ally, Walter & the players soon - possibly a Sunday - or to go up to a game together and meet Ally, Walter and the players then. What a treat that would be - both for my seven year old son and - equally - for me a 41 year old father (but still a big wean!). So: good news there.

Then my son & I went for Dad's lunchtime pint in the village pub and chatted away to the old boys.

Then we went up to Ibrox and had lunch in MacDonald's - where we had great chats with some Rangers fans from Bathgate - a couple of really nice older ladies and their kids - nice folk.

Then we went into the match - and although I see others saying the game was boring - well I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the whole team played well - every single one of them - and we won 2-0 but it should've been more like 4-0 or so. Hutton was immense - so was Carlos and Thomson - Whittaker had a better game - and Naismith, Burke and Cousin all worked well enough upfront - we are as solid as ever but a bit more dynamic and creative upfront.

During the game I'd good chats as usual with the bloke next to me - I told him about McCoist etc and he asked if I could get his young son - who suffers from autism - a top signed by Novo whom his son idolises. He's been wanting to get this for the boy but didn't know how to go about it - was going to write to club etc. I said I couldn't promise anything but that I would try my best to get it for his son - which I will.

And at 4.45pm Rangers were at the top of the league - probably for the first time time since my son has been a season ticket holder (this his third season). Yes, Rangers are top, with a game in hand, and top, I am confident, we will remain...

We sat and let the whole ground empty as usual then strolled out and round to the shop. Even the heavy downpour couldn't dampen our spirits. In the shop I bought a new Rangers jacket and hat for wearing to the games.

Then as we walked past the main stand I noticed two honies I'd clocked earlier and sure enough they were with a player now - big Daniel Cousin. Cousin looked at my wee boy - who had a mansize Rangers tammy on his wee head, a blue Rangers tracksuit on, and a traditional Rangers scarf that went from his neck down to below his knees - stereotypical Rangers daft wee kid with the biggest smile on his wee face. And Cousin broke into a big smile and waved at my boy in passing and smiled at me too. My boy was chuffed.

Recently he has seen Buffel, Novo, Darcheville, Numan and McLeish all outside Ibrox after games - and now Cousin. He was made up.

(Note: on Sunday 23rd December we were in Princess Square and Artur Boruc came and stood next to our table waiting to be seated - knowing how my boy loves meeting footballers I took him over - and said Artur can the boy say hello - and Boruc said yes and then my son got what Weir and Fergie and McCulloch never got - a handshake and a smile from Artur Boruc - then we took our leave. Boruc to be fair was pleasant/nice enough - and we didn't bother letting him know we were "the enemy" - well it was Christmas, goodwill to all men etc).

Anyway, Boruc was yesterday's enounter - today it was Cousin and all the kids at my son's school on Monday will be hearing all about him "meeting" Cousin now etc.

And then we'd a coffee and a browse at Toys'R'Us and headed on home.

It was just one of those days when everything goes right - when you can't stop smiling - my kid chatting away constantly - the other fans we met before, during and after game - all of them friendly, open, talkative - the team really starting to look the part - the game enjoyable - Cousin waving/smiling at my boy - and Rangers - 12 months after Walter's return - now back on the top of the table after what seems like an eternity - and top we will stay, we are gonna do it this year, I believe it, I really believe it...

And so I've opened a beer and logged onto RM and thought I'd try and put all these good vibrations into a thread - which has probably been too dull and long...!

Anyway: happy days, here's to Walter and Ally and all the players, and all of you too.

Cheers.

:beer2:

Keep up with your happy day and pay the good lady a visit - that will be a good end to the day!!

:clap::clap::clap:(tu):lol::lol:

Yeah, the kids are at their auntie's house tonight and the wife and I have an empty...

The bath is running and the wine/beer is in the fridge.

"Err, sweetheart, all the guys on the internet were suggesting that you and I, you know, well,..."

"I beg your pardon...!"

Aye, Ready.

:craphead:

Guest Andypendek

you should defo post a lot more than you do.

sitting as i am, before a log fire, with a glass of wine, some decent TV and the bears at the top of the league, i share your happiness. if only i didn't have a case of the runs all would be well with the world, but you can't have everything.

Keep up with your happy day and pay the good lady a visit - that will be a good end to the day!!

:clap::clap::clap:(tu):lol::lol:

Yeah, the kids are at their auntie's house tonight and the wife and I have an empty...

The bath is running and the wine/beer is in the fridge.

"Err, sweetheart, all the guys on the internet were suggesting that you and I, you know, well,..."

"I beg your pardon...!"

Aye, Ready.

:craphead:

:beer2: (tu)(tu):lol::lol::lol:

you should defo post a lot more than you do.

sitting as i am, before a log fire, with a glass of wine, some decent TV and the bears at the top of the league, i share your happiness. if only i didn't have a case of the runs all would be well with the world, but you can't have everything.

you should post a lot less if your gonna include those details :P

great post YC, enjoyed it (tu) I only wish I was able to hang around afterwards and maybe spot some players/get autographs but unfortunately for me I have to get straight home :(