Just lacking a wee something from our midfield today...

Boab

We passed the ball about very, very well today however there is still the need for a midfielder to get beyond the other team's defence and by Cousin or anybody else leading the line.

Not just that, we IMO just need Barry or KT stepping a bit further forward sometimes (or someone else) so it doesn't look like too much like Rugby and in particular in that formation which worked well otherwise but for the heart of it.

You agree or not?

I thought we were excellent today, I realise your worries about the lack of attacking play from the middle three, but I think on some occasions today Thomson looked as if he could do ok in this role. He had 2 or 3 nice runs forward, one creating an excellent chance for Cousin, whom I think was rather poor today, this chance being the best one he fluffed. I said to my papa on the way out of the game, you know - that's the best i've seen Rangers at Ibrox for a long, long time. I enjoyed the quality of the game and the quality of the football, we were excellent at times. I really like that formation, It would be excellent with Beasley on the left and Naisy in the middle.

At this exact moment in time I disagree (td)

We needed more pace and agility from wide areas. We get that and look a totally different proposition for it now and after only two games playing with these tactics and personnel people have found something else that isn't right and needs "worked on"

If it's not broken don't fix it.

We needed more pace and agility from wide areas. We get that and look a totally different proposition for it now and after only two games playing with these tactics and personnel people have found something else that isn't right and needs "worked on"

I agree with your disagreement :D

Stage 1 if you like was to get more pace and agility from the wider areas as you quite rightly said and thats been done greatly.

But its not a major complaint I'm making and perhaps if we keep this system then it'll be a gradual change/improvement in that we'll get more 'of a something' centrally.

I think we are doing well at the moment. We lack a Stevey G type player :cool: but I'm sure Smith will get one in :D:

I think we are looking fine out wide aswell, Burke and Naisy are doing well and what a difference it is not having Adam and McCulloch in the team. Ferguson still needs to raise his game and once he does with Thommo improving by the week we'll do the buisness.

Thought Ferguson, Hemdani and Thomson all played well today.

But to be perfectly honest, I still don't think we need all 3 in the team. A more dynamic player in the forward position would yield more chances and more goals IMO. I think we'd be a very difficult team to beat if we could find such a player while utilising a combination of the above 3 in the deeper roles.

BTW, I just like to add more praise for Thomson. This lad is developing into an outstanding Rangers player.

I agree........up to a point.

IMO neither Fergie nor Thompson can fill the role you suggest adequately. Although Fergie pitches in with his share of goals he's not a natural finisher, but his all-round play means he is probably our most important player. Therefore Hemdani or Thomson should make way for a real attacking midfielder. Walter has obviously decided that neither Buffel or Adam fits the bill, which means that we have to sign someone, preferrably in this transfer window.

I'd rather Hemdani played every week, but that would seem unlikely given Walters frequent statements that Hemdani is "not suited" to some of the playing styles we come up against in the SPL.

BTW, I just like to add more praise for Thomson. This lad is developing into an outstanding Rangers player.

He was absolutely outstanding yet again (tu)

i thought thomo was brilliant again too. turning into a very important player for us

Exactly! We've had three excellent performances in the last four games.

Give it time to bed in.

He is vastly improved but not a great force going forward. We need a quality attacking central midfielder to assist Barry imo. It may be that Barry gets replaced but that is unlikely.

Yes...why not just get a proper attacking midfielder? I think it should be Ferguson who is replaced in the medium term.