Walt rejects chance to sign Jeremy Berthod *Left back*

Ted E Bayer

Rangers have passed up the chance to sign Monaco left-back Jeremy Berthod.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/interacti...98,3209,00.html

Edit:

Also Babelfished from Monaco website:

Berthod refused by Rangers

A the search for a new club to have more time of play, J�r�my Berthod was refused by the Scottish club of Glasgow Rangers.

23 years the left side defender, J�r�my Berthod, appeared only 4 times Leagues 1 this season with Monaco and would wish a time of more consequent play of them. Approached by the entourage of the player these last weeks, Glasgow Rangers refused the former Lyonese because it does not have quite simply the level to evolve/move in the club ecossais.

• Could mean he's too expensive at �2 million (Price per News of The World)
  • Could mean Walter doesn't rate him
  • Could mean we're eyeing another left back
  • Could mean we're not buying a left back at all..

From what I get - Walter just doesn't think he's good enough to merit a move

And that is how it should be. there is no point buying a player who will not be good enough, or not considered to be good enough/ fit into plans that the management have just because he is a) available or b) in the position we may need.

may as well wait for a good player who is seen as good enough

From what I get - Walter just doesn't think he's good enough to merit a move

And that is how it should be. there is no point buying a player who will not be good enough, or not considered to be good enough/ fit into plans that the management have just because he is a) available or b) in the position we may need.

may as well wait for a good player who is seen as good enough

exactly (tu) we already have a couple of people who can play at left back, if we are to get a new left back it must be a quality one that will improve the team, i dont think the 2nd choice monaco left back would be considered a quality signing!!!