Sunday Mail

Zulu

Two separate articles one by Waddell one by wee mhank Walker more or less knocking Alan Huttons decision to stay at Rangers what is it about these untalented arseholes that cant understand that

peoples decisions are to be respected.

Just as are peoples opinions. Just because they are contrary to you doesn't mean they don 't have the right to hold or express them.

What is it about people who hold a different opinion to you or me, they are employed by the newspaper to express thier opinion .... having different opinions is what sparks debate .... isn't that what this board is all about??

Just as are peoples opinions. Just because they are contrary to you doesn't mean they don 't have the right to hold or express them.

What is it about people who hold a different opinion to you or me, they are employed by the newspaper to express thier opinion .... having different opinions is what sparks debate .... isn't that what this board is all about??

No debate attached to it Hutton made his decision and that should be an end of it

I read it too and thought wtf.

He basically tells Hutton he is wrong for not taking Spurs up on their offer.

That he's not good enough for Man U.

That he's not ambitious and will never improve up here.

First off, unless you have spoken to Hutton personnaly, which Walker admits he has never done, how can he no the circumstances behind the desicion. Also, he's doing a very good job of talking up the Scottish game. <cr>

Walker, like the rest of the SPL, is running scared of Rangers having quality players onboard.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/opinion/column...78057-20276600/

Spurning Ambition

Jan 6 2008 Gordon Waddell

Hutton May Regret Ramos Snub

SO were they REALLY all smiles? REALLY delighted he stayed?

Or did Alan Hutton wake yesterday with sore fingers and bootprints up his back as Martin Bain and Walter Smith tried to prise him screaming through the doorframe of Murray Park?

Let's face it. If the manager was going to get every penny of the £8million offered by Spurs for their defender, then it was going to make January a whole lot more fun for him.

Especially when Smith already has a ready-made replacement for Hutton.

Steven Whittaker in at right-back, sorted. Now pass me the readies.

I've not spoken to a Rangers fan yet who wouldn't rather have taken the dough and used it to strengthen the side than kept their right-back in situ.

And that's despite their man having a stellar year for them AND pledging his loyalty to the light blue.

If there was one thing that would put him even further in with the bricks with the Bluenoses it's knocking back nearly three times your basic wage to stay with the cause.

Which makes it all the more amazing Hutton didn't bite.

I'd love to know what's in his mind - because there can only be one of three reasons he's not a Spurs player this morning.

One is that he truly is loyal to Rangers which in this day and age would be incredibly commendable.

To stick around on £9,000 a week when someone's offering you 25 grand? To stay when your club have basically said you can go by accepting a bid for you? That's honour for you.

Or is it that deep down there's an insecurity about him? For all the brilliant swagger on the park, the marauding runs, is he intimidated at moving from his comfort zone?

Rangers are all he's known.

He's an Ayrshire boy with a dressing-room full of mates as a security blanket.

Move to London, suddenly he'd be starting from scratch in an alien environment, a big money player among bigger money players.

Huge pay hike or not it could be enough to make your bottle teeter.

A third possible reason though, is the idea that Hutton (left) thinks he's waiting for something bigger - and that's a dangerous line to tread.

Fine, if it's Bolton, Wigan or Reading who are on the chase.

You can understand why he'd be stalling. Why give up what he has when he could do better? But Spurs?

There are only four clubs bigger - and you must either have a huge shine for yourself if you think one of them is coming soon or else you know one is.

But here's what I don't get if the stories about it being Man United end up being accurate.

If Sir Alex Ferguson has tipped Walter the wink that he wants Hutton - and given their tight relationship you could guarantee they'd have talked - then why would Rangers accept the bid from Spurs?

If you knew the dough was coming, maybe in the summer, what a great chance for David Murray to be seen to be giving a custard pie to a big Premiership club and showing the fans Gers are serious about keeping their top talent.

Then when Man U come calling you say you can't stop the lad when it comes to the biggest club in the world.

But let's assume for a minute Hutton is simply taking his chances.

The question then is - should he have gone? I'd have said yes. Not because Spurs are bigger than Rangers. They're not.

And not because they're going to play at a higher level than Rangers in Europe - although I do believe Juande Ramos (left) will take them there inside three seasons.

It's because they play in a bigger league. If Hutton has genuine ambitions to make it to the absolute peak then it's a stepping stone.

Obviously he has drawn plenty of attention with his displays for Rangers in the Champions League and Scotland in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.

He doesn't have to prove he can match the best because he's already done it. But there's a snobbery in English football.

Unless they see you doing it against them there will be question marks against you.

From a selfish point of view though it would be great to have yet another Scot down there to look out for.

We all grew up living vicariously in English football through guys like Dalglish, Souness, McAllister, Gray, Bremner. Then nothing.

Now? Tell me you don't check the teams to see how James McFadden, Darren Fletcher, Craig Gordon, Shaun Maloney or Kenny Miller are performing.

Maybe Hutton is destined for bigger and better things?

But maybe he has just let his destiny pass him by for the wrong reasons. Either way I hope he doesn't live to regret it.

I've not spoken to a Rangers fan yet who wouldn't rather have taken the dough and used it to strengthen the side than kept their right-back in situ.

well, he never spoke to me then :rolleyes:

or me or half this board for that matter. £9m would be nice but hutton is a key player for us and we would be weaker with whittaker at RB. Could have strengthened other areas yes but i believe we have some money to do that in jan anyway.

Personally I think it shows patience on Huttons part. Other Scots have moved to the bright lights of London perhaps too early in their career and it all turned pear shaped. I'm thinking specifically of Peter Marinello and later Charlie Nicholas.

I don't know why Alan Hutton chose to turn down this big money move, I'm just glad he did. :rangers:

Two separate articles one by Waddell one by wee mhank Walker more or less knocking Alan Huttons decision to stay at Rangers what is it about these untalented arseholes that cant understand that

Three things will be pissin them off, 1 Hutton stayin to be part of the Title winning celebrations. 2 More than a chance Hutton gets another 2 cup medals to go along with title medal. 3 He knows Fergie is comin in with massive bid for Hutton at the end of the season. So fcuk them and let them stew in their own bitter juices ! :sherlock:

And you really have to laugh at these two diddy's comin away with shite like that when in the same paper on the back page boruc has chosen to sign a new contract with the clatty eleven rather than going to allegedly AC, Barcelona or Bayern. So where's the ambition there ? Double standards anyone ? :sherlock:

Davie Provan couldnt resist either having a pop claiming that Pascal Chimbonda is a better player and that he thought it was April fools when he heard £9m pound as the price for him :rolleyes:

Rob Maclean also mentions it in his column saying that we should sell Hutton and replace him with Whittaker and sign Michael Hart from Aberdeen on a free as back up <cr>