Your Thoughts On A New Brox

superally07

Whats ur opinions on the word of a new ibrox.  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like?

• The Ibrox of today.
    • The Ibrox of today with slight changed ( corners etc)
    • 3 full new stands, blending in with the main stand brickwork
    • a FULL new stadium.
  2. 2. Are U Happy that we are planning(reportedly) to spend so much on a new stadium?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do You Think these plans are down to

• SDM Wanting to stay at the club longer
    • SDM Leaving Present
    • Down to a new owner
  4. 4. Would u accept the changin of the name purley for money? ( P.S we would all still call it ibrox anyway)

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. What capactiy would u like to see?

• 80,000+

Im really excited about this knida stuff but it always turns out to be pie in the sky, dont want any more false promises or "ideas" from our board, we can all come up with ideas! We need to know simply weather or not this is going ahead, who is funding it and what long term effect will it have on our pockets as a Rangers supporter, however i just love the idea of a 70000 seater stadium !!!!!

72000 so with segregation you'll get 70000 gates, would like to see a steep square bowl [bernabeu] instead of being far away from the goals.Think the main stand will end up being altered to get rid of the supports ,front fasade untouched. As much as i would have liked to see present ibrox increased i don't think you would reach 70000. retractable roof and pitch ?

I know this is a long way off, but what sort of names would people be willing to have as the .... Ibrox stadium? for me it would have to be a massive name, such as emirates for Arsenal, as I personally think there would be no point calling it the Diadora arena or something, that would just be pointless to me. We would need a world wide brand like Pepsi, Coca Cola or nike or something

Dont like the sound of it too much myself, I love the way Ibrox is now, traditional - 4 stands, Im not one for the stadiums like parkhead,hampden,livingston etc. Wouldnt mind and extra teir on say the broomloan and copeland. But we dont need 70,000 seats, we barely fit in 45,000 in your standard game - is it worth the extra seats for 2 old firm games and a handfull of european games?

I know this is a long way off, but what sort of names would people be willing to have as the .... Ibrox stadium? for me it would have to be a massive name, such as emirates for Arsenal, as I personally think there would be no point calling it the Diadora arena or something, that would just be pointless to me. We would need a world wide brand like Pepsi, Coca Cola or nike or something

it said in the paper that the intrest has been received from over sea's , so i would guess it would be somthing similar to the emirates. not like diadora lol

it said in the paper that the intrest has been received from over sea's , so i would guess it would be somthing similar to the emirates. not like diadora lol

:lol: i wasnt actually saying it would be diadora, just using that as an example of a shitey brand that must not be used!

I'm happy with ibrox at present,we already have a great stadium. If they want to increase capacity they could take out the corner big screens (which dont work properly half the time) and add new tiers to the copeland and broomloan stands, and put on a roof for the wet crappy days.It would take less time to make these changes for a start!! As long as after all the changes my seat is still in a great position as present, and im not moved to row ZZZ up in the clouds!!

I'll be happy with a name change as long as Ibrox is mentioned in it (Can see it now...the Globespan Ibrox stadium, our emirates!!!joking!)

Why would we need a 70,000+ stadium when Ibrox is only full for Old Firm and Champions league games.

Saturday was a prime example with thousands of empty seats.

Keep the stadium and add another 6 or 7,000 seats in the corners if we have to.

Has Uefa not recently brought in new Criteria which wil see us loose our 5* rating due to reduced capacity.

Think they had suggested that 5* stadia required 60k above for their new ratings as of next season.

Sure I seen that on the UEFA site somewhere.

Has Uefa not recently brought in new Criteria which wil see us loose our 5* rating due to reduced capacity.

Think they had suggested that 5* stadia required 60k above for their new ratings as of next season.

You could be right there. May have something to do with Platini's plans for stadiums hosting future CL finals having to be a certain size.

Also, if we do end up with a 70000 capacity, maybe we could provide reduced price seats for the unemployed? Could also cater for more daytrippers. Another possibility is selling packages like Real Madrid do, say 2 nights accomodation and a match ticket for £xxx.xx

Even though I would loathe the changing of the name from Ibrox to some sponsor, in my heart it will always be Ibrox, we might have to change with the times if it does happen. At least the Bill Struth stand and all of that tradition will remain as it is a listed building.

You could be right there. May have something to do with Platini's plans for stadiums hosting future CL finals having to be a certain size.

Also, if we do end up with a 70000 capacity, maybe we could provide reduced price seats for the unemployed? Could also cater for more daytrippers. Another possibility is selling packages like Real Madrid do, say 2 nights accomodation and a match ticket for £xxx.xx

That's possible, reportedly part of the plans is a re-development of the area with the possibility of a hotel being built, so the accomodation idea is a very good possibility.

think its great idea, more revenue with the stadium being used for concerts and things, covered stadium would make massive difference and means no more wet days like saturday also more likely to get people going if they not sitting out in all elements. no matter what the sponser name is we will always call it ibrox. we cant complain bout having little or no money to spend then when ideas for making money come up rubbish them.

slight change to the stadium, though i wouldnt be too pissed if they built 3 new top class stands, bringing capacity to 70k.

Never change the name though, we cant be that desperate for cash. :crabflute:

Would it really matter?

Who's going to call it anything different anyway?

For all of those who are being negative about increasing the capacity to around 70,000 and changing the name of the stadium i think you are missing the conceptual benefits these changes will bring.

The club will recieve the biggest shot in the arm since its foundation and will be thrust into the modern worlds spotlight. This attention, excitement and media publicity will attract not only more supporters but new supporters from untapped sources.

Just even think about how many non football fans would be visiting our stadium for concerts etc including tourists and the potential spinoffs from that. If this is possible then grasp it and embrace it. We must speculate to accumulate if we want to remain a big club.

Anyway surely its better to try and fail than be too scared to even try?

im all for more revenue but whats the point in having this big stadium when theres gona be about 20,0000 empty seats for the majority of the seasonit would look terrible i meen come on do u really think 70,0000 people will turn up to watch rangers vs inverness it will only be full for oldfirms and champs leauge matches as for the name change it will always be known to every1 as ibrox no matter what they call it