Playing at Hampden

No, no, no and NO!

• The parking is rubbish in relation in comparison to Ibrox.
  • Your too far away from the pitch
  • Terrible to get there - IMO the distance to walk from the train station is too far in comparison to the Ibrox version
  • Bad stadium in the modern day
  • The Pie is even dearer than Ibrox
  • Terrible row numbering
  • Too many stairs in general
  • If your behind the goal then its like watching Subbutteo - not like my seat behind the goal at Ibrox!

I'm a Nationalist but I'm not naive just to praise Hampden just cause its the 'National Stadium'.

This rant is partly cause I'm disabled and I tend to look at it from that perspective but also cause I've been there a few times for Scotland and Rangers and thats my feelings on it as a stadium.

Its not good enough for our National Stadium and to be frank, its not good enough for Rangers.

No, no, no and NO!
  • Terrible to get there - IMO the distance to walk from the train station is too far in comparison to the Ibrox version
  • Terrible row numbering
  • If your behind the goal then its like watching Subbutteo - not like my seat behind the goal at Ibrox!
I'm a Nationalist but I'm not naive just to praise Hampden just cause its the 'National Stadium'.

This rant is partly cause I'm disabled and I tend to look at it from that perspective but also cause I've been there a few times for Scotland and Rangers and thats my feelings on it as a stadium.

Its not good enough for our National Stadium and to be frank, its not good enough for Rangers.

what other stadium could hold the rangers support, no way will we call the piggery home for however long it takes, should it happen ofcourse.

dunno.

would we be able 2 fill it enough to have a good atmosphere week in week out ?

would be good tho

aye it only has 1000 more seats than us

i wudnt like having to go to hampden every 2nd week but i suppose we will have to, i cant see it happening anytime soon 2 be honest.

No, no, no and NO!
  • Terrible row numbering

what other stadium could hold the rangers support, no way will we call the piggery home for however long it takes, should it happen ofcourse.

I didn't give an alternative but that is my view.

I didn't put it at the end of my post but was going to put 'Unfortunately, we may have to put with it'.

Honestly if we went to Hampden, I would really have to consider going to games or not. We shall see.

We might have to put up with it for a couple of years, but at the end of that time what will we have gained??

The best stadium in Britain.

I think it is well worth the hassle of a few extra miles

Hampden is a shit hole but it will have to do while we get our new stadium!!

The atmosphere is terrible at Hampden i remember being there for the Semi Final game against Dundee United and the bears were in full voice and the United fans were aswell and you couldnt hear them, yet watch the game on tv as i taped it and it sounded as if the United fans were outsinging us!! At the end of the day it doesnt make a difference cause in the SPL at Ibrox there is no atmosphere anyway so we would be use to it :craphead: Transport wise its easy to get to, many buses go past and there is also a train station which is a 5minute walk from the ground!!

Same way it works with Motherwell and Gretna and the same way it did with Aberdeen and Caley for a while, they'll find an alternating rota to suit everyone in consultation with Setanta I suppose. I'd be happy enough if it we were at Hampden for a while. I live round the corner so getting to games would be a lot easier.

how would that work if queens park play at hampden with there home games

Good point, we'd have to play there when Queens are playing their away games I suppose (tu)

I think they are doing lesser Hampden up which would allow Queens park to go back there and play there games but pretty sure it would be easy to organise

if we sign kenny miller we can go to firhill with the amount of folk i know who wont go back

i live 5 min walk from ibrox so it would mean taking the car to hampden so no i wouldnt be to happy but as the song goes if we went to dublin we would follow on