SuperScoreBoard Xtra & Real Radio

Gordon from sfa is on it now talking about refs

Edit to make it clearer: Gordon smith i think hes called, the head of the SFA is on real radio, talking about the refs and talking about video reffereeing

Talking about video referees and seeminly he was on the FIFA commity and they have spoke about it and it was thrown out. He said it should be like tennis with 2 chal;langes each side - france beckenbur said football and tennis are not the same -

On a more serious (but less bouncy) note, American Football instituted a coaches dissent towards replay a few years ago. They get 1 per half, and the play gets reviewed. I think. It's literally been years since I watched one of those games.

The naysayers said it would extend the game for way to long, and that has not proven the case at all. Judicious use of their requests for replay due to penalties if it turns out the refs had it right deter them from stupid / frivolous stoppages in play as they review.

Can this be merged with the RR thread thats about? i couldnt find it in time and thought a few people would wana listen if they wernt as its not many times we get to hear from the head of the SFA on the phone in's

Yea he hosted a fund raiser for the heroes of 1972 i was at in airdrie town hall last year sometime. he was a cracking guy.

He was the guest of our supporters club at last year's dinner dance. He was up for a weekend with his wife. Lovely people. His speech on the Saturday was excellent, very funny. They came for a meal with the committee on the Sunday, and we all had a great laugh.

When we gave him his fee, he gave it straight back, and insisted we spend it on the junior members of the club. Great guy (tu)

Yea he hosted a fund raiser for the heroes of 1972 i was at in airdrie town hall last year sometime. he was a cracking guy.

He was the guest of our supporters club at last year's dinner dance. He was up for a weekend with his wife. Lovely people. His speech on the Saturday was excellent, very funny. They came for a meal with the committee on the Sunday, and we all had a great laugh.

When we gave him his fee, he gave it straight back, and insisted we spend it on the junior members of the club. Great guy (tu)

What a gent! nice story mate (tu)

Anyone hear that bird's email from Falkirk on RR about the "old firm" bias?

She was saying it's only celtic, and not the OF. Well in (tu)

aye a heard that n she had a very valid point! (n septic had 3)