SDM Meets With Hutton

Muff

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would of thought that he would of trained as a result of being suspended and the fact that he'll probably be rested in the Scottish at the weekend to keep up his fitness and sharpness?

Everyone's saying, Oh sell for 10mil so we can buy quality players.

The only reason we would be forcing Hutton out is to put that money into other areas of the club. I wouldn't expect any of his transfer money to go towards future transfers.

Yeah. Why the feck do Spurs need Hutton right now anyway. They have nothing to play for. Their season is over.

Their defence is a shambles, Chimbonda could be for the off as Ramos wants to play him at CB plus teams interested, the fact that Hutton will probably improve them. Also they are challenging for the FA and Carling Cup while trying to sneak a UEFA Cup spot for next season. Plus I think Hutton could play for them in the UEFA this season even although he played for us in the CL? Maybe trying to get him before the big clubs come for him?

Everyone's saying, Oh sell for 10mil so we can buy quality players.

The only reason we would be forcing Hutton out is to put that money into other areas of the club. I wouldn't expect any of his transfer money to go towards future transfers.

Put it this way we cant afford to say no to the Money

smith isnt gonna bring in players that he doesnt think would improve the squad

yet we want 8million to go to the good of the club..but we dont need many players and if we did could we not sell the likes of hemdani,buffel cousin?

hutton will be like money in the bank for murray if he lets him stay..his value will grow and grow after performance if he continues theway he does

I'd prefer Hutton to stay, at least till the end of the season, and then he can move on. Who knows maybe a bigger club will come in for him and we'll get more money.

Hopefully the story is just mince, but i'll be glad when the window closes and he's still here.

But we can wait until the summer and get the same or probably even more.

The sooner the better,I think Walter already has a couple of biggish deals pending,just waiting for the cash. (tu)

I doubt it and by the sounds of it there wont be the money to bring in big deals. Maybe land Kenny Miller tho.

This is mentioned in today's Herald

Interest in Matty Taylor has waned after Rangers were quoted £3.5m for Portsmouth's back-up left-back, and Rangers may now consider an offer for David Murphy, of Hibernian.

People are saying that selling our best player shows a lack of ambition by WS and SDM, but what worries me more is the lack of stomach to fight for our reputation as a big club.

We always talk about how big a club we are and how we harbour ambitions of getting into the latter stages of Europe every year but the harsh reality is that big clubs who want to compete at the highest level should never be selling their best players, never mind for what is a partly eight million.

Creaming oursleves over getting eight million for a player who has had standout performances against every team he has played against in the past six months is embarassing and just shows why we are considered as a backwater team, playing in a backwater league by everybody in world football.

To put it in context Andy Johnson cost Everton 8.6 miilion, Bellamy cost West Ham 7.25 million, Kamara cost Fulham over 6 million, Zakora cost Spurs about 8 million.

Although he is pretty untested and is still only seen as a talent, Dinamo Moscow have slapped a 20 odd million price tag on Luka Modric FFS

Modric aside, Is Hutton at the same level as these players? Like fuck he is, he's beyond them!

He's younger and far more consistant and we should be making Spurs pay what the going rate in their league would be.

Perosnally I think that the mint would rather keep his buddy Daniel Levy happy and that plays a part in why we accepted what is only a reasonable offer and why SDM is now apparantly pushing for him to move so much.

It's not for the good of the club. The real motive is to keep his mate onside.

People are saying that selling our best player shows a lack of ambition by WS and SDM, but what worries me more is the lack of stomach to fight for our reputation as a big club.

We always talk about how big a club we are and how we harbour ambitions of getting into the latter stages of Europe every year but the harsh reality is that big clubs who want to compete at the highest level should never be selling their best players, never mind for what is a partly eight million.

Creaming oursleves over getting eight million for a player who has had standout performances against every team he has played against in the past six months is embarassing and just shows why we are considered as a backwater team, playing in a backwater league by everybody in world football.

To put it in context Andy Johnson cost Everton 8.6 miilion, Bellamy cost West Ham 7.25 million, Kamara cost Fulham over 6 million, Zakora cost Spurs about 8 million.

Although he is pretty untested and is still only seen as a talent, Dinamo Moscow have slapped a 20 odd million price tag on Luka Modric FFS

Modric aside, Is Hutton at the same level as these players? Like fuck he is, he's beyond them!

He's younger and far more consistant and we should be making Spurs pay what the going rate in their league would be.

Perosnally I think that the mint would rather keep his buddy Daniel Levy happy and that plays a part in why we accepted what is only a reasonable offer and why SDM is now apparantly pushing for him to move so much.

Johnson,Bellamy,Kamara have all been tried and tested at epl and International level thats why they were those Prices

Modric has every club across europe looking at him which includes Barca,Real madrid,chelsea,Inter etc thats why Dinamo have slapped that fee on him, they want those clubs to start a bidding war!

Hutton is still a gamble!,LBH how many times has he been tested this year 10 times, his biggest test in the SPL is that Plastic paddy from Celtic :rolleyes:

£8Million which raises to £10million with add ons is great Money and we be fools if we didn't take it

The sooner the better,I think Walter already has a couple of biggish deals pending,just waiting for the cash. (tu)

I doubt it and by the sounds of it there wont be the money to bring in big deals. Maybe land Kenny Miller tho.

This is mentioned in today's Herald

Interest in Matty Taylor has waned after Rangers were quoted £3.5m for Portsmouth's back-up left-back, and Rangers may now consider an offer for David Murphy, of Hibernian.

Walter's a sneaky bugger Muff,he's got something cooking. (tu)

Hearts got £9million for Gordon, Spurs paid almost £4million for an 18 year old Championship RB, Chris Gunter who's only played a handful of games in that division. Gareth Bale cost £6million rising to £10million. They paid £4million for Assou-Ekotto, Younes Kaboul, £7.75million.

Yeah. Why the feck do Spurs need Hutton right now anyway. They have nothing to play for. Their season is over.

They want him now in case he stays until the summer when even more clubs will be interested in him, especially if he continious to improve at his current rate and he helps us win the title.

We should keep him until the summer unless someone offers 12m in my opinion.

I agree PB - this is what I am thinking too. Will be sorry to see him go though.

A couple of thoughts:

1: Sky sports runs the same story, but it's an entirely different context, saying that Hutton has completely rejected and Smith is dismissing the rumours the move is back on.

Walter Smith has moved to dismiss rumours that Alan Hutton may be set to sign for Tottenham after all, despite speculation that the Premier League side are preparing a second bid.

The Scottish international rejected an £8million move to White Hart Lane last Thursday, but after missing Rangers' training session on Monday, there was speculation that the London club had reignited their interest and that the player may actually be set to make the move south.

However, Gers boss Smith insists that Hutton was just given the day off to rest after a hectic season and that after speaking to the player he is confident of being able to call on his services for the remainder of the campaign.

Indication

"Our indication from Alan is that he'd turned them down," Smith told the Daily Record.

"That is where we are at. That's what he told us so we take his word for that.

"Obviously there are football aspects and financial aspects to any prospective transfer deal.

Delighted

"Nobody here wanted Alan to leave for football reasons.

"But when you get offered that kind of money there is a situation where it becomes an acceptable deal, from a financial point of view.

"That was why we accepted the bid. But we were delighted when he decided to stay."

Strengthening

With Hutton seemingly set to remain at Ibrox, Smith can now concentrate on trying to add to his squad during the January transfer window.

"The transfer window is simple, if we find a player that is better than those we have then we'll endeavour to go for him to improve the team," he said.

"If I can't get anyone of that nature, I won't sign anyone. I feel we have a fairly large squad and if we don't lose any of them then we are not badly off.

"I've already tried for one or two and been knocked back. Of course we are interested in improving the team. But if I feel we can't then I'm not going to sign players for the sake of it."

All the same quotes, but quite a different take on the same story, don't you think?

2: I cannot believe a story by Queers is receiving this much airtime and credibility from you guys.

Well said Danny... Queers is a prat, and always will be... As much as I want to walk up to him and beat the sh*t outta him, it will give him publicity he get's off on.

As for Al... I want him to stay... If Boum goes for £8mil Al's worth about £20mil though :P

Guest therabbitt

Ramos is known for playing with fantastic wingers and attacking full backs playing off an athletic and mobile target man with an awful lot of width - kind of like how we are trying to play at the minute! - Ramos must see a similar player to Dani Alves in Alan Hutton! Half a year ago a statement like that one would have been laughed at out of hand, wheras now we can believe that Al can only get better!!!!

In the Daily Record Today it said that utton was meeting with SDM who was going to IMPROVE Huttons contract - I alos NOTE in this thread the 2 different contexts that the same quotes have led to with Queers being a different spin to the story from Sky - only time will tell who is right - Rangers do tend to only discuss thinks after the fact and dont add to the rumour mill as much as some - this can be frustrating as we all want to know what is going on but as these discussions - like others - can have an ebb and flow to them I don't think Rangers stance on only dealing with post event anouncements is unjustified.