New Stadium .... New League ?

Ace

with a roof and 70000 seats the money making chances and phenomenal. you have football of our own and then

Hire for - Rugby

Big Concerts (take that, muse, etc)

Wrestling (always sells out in minutes) - comes twice a year

UFC

A host of other events

Add onto those events the teabars being open each time - 70000 champions meals = £315,000

Soon the money would roll in

they want to add your big money boxing matches to that list aswell

And the odd "diddy" international that they would usually send to the Mecanno Dome, surely? Or would we not get any gate money from that?

also we would be highly likley to get a champions league final or somthing if the plans go ahead, the sfa would have no choice to put our name foward and not just hampden (pricks <_< ) that surley would make alot of money!

No chance of a champion’s league final as GDC would conveniently find some excuse to block it.

The last time we came close to staging a final they said that due to a medical conference there was not enough hotel accommodation available in Glasgow!

Also the SFA would hijack any final to help pay for the substandard white elephant that is Hampden.

To be honest I think too many of you are thinking on this from a football perspective.

OK we may not fill it week in week out, but it wont just be used for Glasgow Rangers.

It is going to be used for concerts and otehr things. And they will pack 70,000.

Rangers are looking at it holistically where as a lot of people are looking it from a fan base.

Distressing, albeit that is not what the thread is about.

However, maybe the prospect of going to Hampden will spur me on to pass my driving test and then be able to drive to the Hampden and park inside.

As much as I can sympathise with your own personal circumstances and agree that Hampden is certainly not a great venue for football, if the club decided to rebuild the stadium on the scale debated, we'd have little choice but to play at the National Stadium.

Tbh, the thing with Hampden and it being a physical issue is that I found the distance between the station and the stadium too far and not so good in comparison to Ibrox as much as that might be an unfair comparison.

I found this at the USA friendly game but there's more to it than that F mate: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2182701