Murray Park

BlueSuedeSambas

Recently we have seen the majority of the Scotland U16 side being made up of players who are on our books, our U19's team flourishing with many of them expected to be first team players in the future. Graduates' like Adam, Smith and Burke becoming regular first team players and perhaps the daddy of them all, seeing Spurs offer 10 million pounds for Alan Hutton.

It's also worth noting that a number of players who have been on our books as youngsters, but haven't been quite good enough have also gone on to play week in week out for other sides: Smith, McLean, McCormack and Hughes at Motherwell and Beattie at WBA to name but five.

Taking all that into account would it be fair to say that Scotland is beginning to see, and gain an advantage from the 14 million pounds that we spent to make this facility possible?

It was always going to take time to maximise the youth side of the training facility. That was slowed down by constant changes in the coaching staff but now we seem to have a bit of continuity, we're gaining out of it.

I'm not so sure how successful it would be if we weren't struggling so much financially though. One positive aspect of not having tens of millions to spend on foreign players each season is that we had to bring through more youngsters. Let's hope the numbers increase and they get their chance over the coming years...

I agree, it is really super to see.

1. Mcgregor

2. Hutton

3.C Smith

5.Smith

6.Barry

7.Burke

8.Shinnie

9.Lennon

10.Fleck

11.Adam

Not that far off a full team! :rangers:

Aye!

Tbh, a striker and centre back are the only ones we're lacking. Especially a Centre back, would be great to see one mate coming up regardless of Webster or Carlos as I think the last one we really had was McKenzie and we've had McLean and McCormack(tu)

Having played against big chrissy smith he is a bear of a CB reminds me alot of bomber when ever ive seen him on RTV for some reason :pipe:

when did you play against him and who for?

a while ago now, i know the lads he used to go about with at the time and me and my mates used to play against them a few times a week down the local cage or pitch.

There is a chance that in two years time we will be very pleased with MP players. We may at further some stage be selling some really good youngsters and still being self sufficient.

Future looks good with a wee bit of luck.

Murray park does seem to be doing a good job now, especially as it is not and never was intended to be a youth academy. Yes young players are developing and starting to come through the ranks, but that has to all be done to the facilities that they are using as well as the coaches they are in contact with