Old Firm, Wednesday 23rd January KO: 19:45

dazzapat

The rearranged dates for two big Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League games have been announced with the matches both exclusively live on Setanta Sports.

Celtic feature in the games with the Old Firm derby against Rangers now taking place on Wednesday January 23 at Parkhead.

Official site,

Gers Visit Parkhead In Two Weeks

RANGERS will play their rearranged league clash with Celtic in a fortnight - but only if neither side is held to a draw in their Scottish Cup fixtures this weekend.

The SPL have announced the game, postponed on January 2 out of respect to Phil O'Donnell, has provisionally been pencilled in for Wednesday 23 January with a kick-off time of 7.45pm.

Barry FergusonHowever the match will be moved back again if either of the Glasgow clubs are taken to a replay by lower-league opposition over the next few days.

Gers play Third Division outfit East Stirling at Ibrox on Sunday, a day after Celtic host Stirling Albion in the fourth round of the Cup.

Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan's teams are both expected to secure places in the draw for the last 16 at the first attempt.

But if they don't and are taken to a rematch, the midweek date allocated to the derby will be given to any outstanding Cup ties instead.

Rangers are currently one point ahead of Celts at the top of the table with a game in hand after last night's game with St Mirren was called off.

They will play away games against Gretna and Inverness before January 23, while the Hoops have just one match prior to that date at home to Kilmarnock.

Is Thomson not close to the threshold of missing the game due to the accumulation of bookings (why he missed a game a few weeks ago whereas O'geady didn't which is the root cause of the delay - If you believe the hype i should add)? Also as another poster said Fir park is prone to the occassional call-off at this time of year, which could mean Hutton missing the game?

And the conspiracies begin here.

Just checked the official Gers site, only to be met by a pic of the green and grey's big cardboard box at the top of the screen, WTF guys, who's in charge of the website, I'd have preferred a pic of a big turd than being met with that eyesore!

So your fussy about what sort of shite you see?

Just checked the official Gers site, only to be met by a pic of the green and grey's big cardboard box at the top of the screen, WTF guys, who's in charge of the website, I'd have preferred a pic of a big turd than being met with that eyesore!

So your fussy about what sort of shite you see?

More fussy about the sort of shite I don't want to see ;)

Glad there is a date sorted... not so glad that i have an university exam the next day! RUBBISH.,... so will either be revising and not watching/listening to game or listening and watching and feeling guilty about not revising.... have an inkling which one may win through ;)

I can only remember old firm league cup games being played midweek.

the one where we one and brought out the dvd "remember remember the two wins in november" think that was nov 04

and then november 05 we got humped 3-0 i think, it was the game that klos came back and some said was at fault for two of the goals. that was also the league cup.