Apart from maybe a GK to replace Carroll

nvager

Going into this window, a left back was the priority in my mind, but to be honest, I'm moving away from that now. We have Whittaker settling into the role, and Papac is usually a very competent performer. And to be (perhapsy naively) optimistic, Stevie Smith could be back fit before the month is over, and I would hope fit to play sometime in February.

January is a tough time to bring good players in, so is it worth bringing in a left back just for the sake of it ? We could end up bringing in a bog standard natural left back that in reality doesn't do a better job than Whittaker and Papac have done.

Personally, I'm looking for a centre back to come in. We have Weir and Cuellar, but if either of them are injured, the back up is woeful. Ehiogu and Broadfoot, I wouldn't trust either.Webster can't be relied upon due to injury. If Whittaker plays left back, Papac is an option, but in the SPL I'd prefer someone with a bit more presence at centre back.

If we can bring a centre back in, I think we're pretty well covered. Anything else would be a luxury signing for me. I'm not saying we're the finished article, but I think Walter will wait until the summer before disrupting things again with big changes.

If the qualities not out there then there is no point in making any signings, bar back-up for McGregor.

Hate for us to waste millions on players like Murphy, Robson....

If the right players are available then I think we'll make signings. If not then I'm happy, we kept Hutton and that's great news!

(tu)

Not too bothered if we sign anyone or not. Would be nice if we could get a top quality forward, and i guess we could do with a decent backup CB, but i think our squad is ok the way it is. I'm happy to wait til summer.