*** OFFICIAL PRE MATCH ANALYSIS ***

nvager

Scottish Cup 4th Round tie at Ibrox Stadium, Sunday 13th January, Kick Off at 3:00 PM

Due to the unfortunate death of the Motherwell captain, then a waterlogged pitch, Rangers have only played one game in 2008. What does 2008 have in store. Well so far not a lot but that changes on Sunday. For Rangers fans this game against a team from the lower divisions seems to have developed something of a holiday atmosphere with fans predicting a large score in Rangers favour and looking forward to seeing youngsters like Furman and Fleck get a run in the first team. I really hope it all works out as planned. Has anyone told E. Stirling that they are lambs to the slaughter?

What will Walter do? He will want to ascertain further progress in the Cup, but will he need to field a full strength team? Can Weir and Barry Ferguson be rested? Any players with niggles? It is a bit of a conundrum is it not. We do not want an upset.

It makes sense to me to rest say Weir, Ferguson, Thomson, Burke, Naismith and Cousin. Then play Ugo, Furman, Gow, Novo, Buffel and Boyd.

Then later bring on Fleck and others.

This way we can also have a quality bench with Ferguson and Naismith if things are not quite going according to plan.

The weather - I hope it is reasonable as I do not want another postponement. The pitch at Ibrox needs to be kept in good condition.

The fans deserve to get to see some fresh faces. They are looking forward to seeing Buffel and Gow, plus Fleck, Furman and Efram.

A good showing by all of these players would set a great tone for the rest of the season. It would let us really see the true depth of our squad plus give us an insight into the near future.

For further discussion regarding this cup-tie please see the Official Rangers vs East Stirling thread by MuffGer.

My prediction is Rangers 4-0 East Stirling

I think we need to show East Stirling some respect after all they are going to be on the same pitch as us, i would field a reserve squed not an Under 19's or a mix however we need to show no matter what we mean business and we need to show the difference in leagues

We must go out and blow them away from the start playing at a high tempo.Too often I have seen us strolling about against lower opposition playing at a pace they are comfortable with, letting them build up confidence and then when we start to become nervous play the long ball football that lower level teams are used to and are more equipped to cope with than we are.

Hit them hard ,fast, and early and then bring on the young guns to show what they can do. I would actually prefer the hungry youngsters to start but I know that Walter will wait until 78 minutes if we are on top before bringing one on.