Thomas Buffel

Jimenez

I gave up long ago, any hope that Buffel would get a chance to regain a starting place for Rangers

I thought he was a certainty to go this window, he may well still do so, but there seems to be very little movement on that front.

So if he is to stay on until summer, I feel Smith should use Buffel in Europe for various reasons

It suits his game - Buffel is one of the most naturally gifted players at Ibrox, but the rough and tumble of the SPL sometimes means he isn't able to play to his natural strengths, in Europe the opposition play more to a style Buffel is comfortable with. Some of his previous performances in Europe were the best we have seen from the wee man

The title is everything - Smith believes other players are more worthy of a start, fair enough, I trust his judgment. We have an increasingly packed schedule in the SPL so it would only make sense to rest those players Smith feels crucial to our title challenge.

Increase in value - If Buffel performs well in the UEFA cup then his valuation will increase meaning more revenue for transfer funds

:rangers: