Lack of Transfer Activity!

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

I'd like to see a centre back come in to compete/replace with Weir. I've cooled on a left back because Whittaker and Papac are competent and Smith is on the road to recovery.

Anything else would be a bonus for me. As long as we keep a hold of our own players, we have enough to win this title, no question.

I agree we are not the finished article, but I believe we have enough in the squad at the moment to win the treble, nevermind the league.

Walter said before the window opened he won't be buying for the sake of it.

Too many people are letting the fact that Celtic have signed a player, and are nbeing linked with others annoy them and perhaps it's making them a bit jealous.

WS has already said that he has been rejected in his approach for players and that probably means that we are now moving onto other targets, who we will need to assess first.

We have been linked with Banks, Larsen, Taylor, Moore, Berra among others so there is rumours in the press.

By taking his time WS is ensuring that he signs the right players and not any old dross.

I'd be more concerned if he signed a token player just to shut up the fans who are incapable of a bit of patience.

Lots of time yet!

And we're not in desperate need either!

I disagree were not the finished article we need some Strengthening

what positions do u think need strengthening i think from mid to front is ok but i would like a centre half for cover in case of injuries

I would rather we strengthened in the summer. Walt has said he wont sign for the sake of it and we have 2 enquiries knocked back - so I wont be surprised if we dont do any business this January regarding signings.

Just because the window is open doesnt mean we HAVE to sign someone.

Too many people are letting the fact that Celtic have signed a player, and are nbeing linked with others annoy them and perhaps it's making them a bit jealous.

WS has already said that he has been rejected in his approach for players and that probably means that we are now moving onto other targets, who we will need to assess first.

We have been linked with Banks, Larsen, Taylor, Moore, Berra among others so there is rumours in the press.

By taking his time WS is ensuring that he signs the right players and not any old dross.

I'd be more concerned if he signed a token player just to shut up the fans who are incapable of a bit of patience.

The only SOLID link was Banks who rejected us and stayed at Hearts,The larsen one was a bit of a piss take. Martin bain was handed a DVD of the player to see if Rangers were interested <_<

Taylor,moore and Berra were mostly Internet rumours :rolleyes:

Lots of time yet!

what positions do u think need strengthening i think from mid to front is ok but i would like a centre half for cover in case of injuries

I think we need an Attacking midfielder and a Centre back

No point in signing players just to please some fans. If we can't get the real quality in required then there is no point in making signings. Accept from a back-up keeper as Roy Carroll wants to leave. I'd hate for us to go out and sign the likes of Barry Robson and David Murphy just for the sake of it.

January is a sh*te time to buy/sell.

No point in signing players just to please some fans. If we can't get the real quality in required then there is no point in making signings. Accept from a back-up keeper as Roy Carroll wants to leave. I'd hate for us to go out and sign the likes of Barry Robson and David Murphy just for the sake of it.

January is a sh*te time to buy/sell.

But the thing is we could get some Quality Loan deals on View to sign in the Summer,Were still Paper thin is some Area's! we do need to strengthen in this window

We're only papaer thin if we lose players to injury or sell them.

McGregor, Carroll

Hutton, Whittaker

Cuellar, Ugo

Weir, Webster

Papac, Broadfoot

Burke, Novo

Ferguson, Adam

Hemdani, Thomson

Naimsith, McCulloch

Boyd, Cousin

JCD, Buffel.

Plus there are guys like Gow, Webster, Smith, Smith, Lennon and Furman.

Relax, WS has always kept quiet over his transfers and targets. No wonder, last season everyone we went in for Celtic jumped on the same bus just to try and spite us.

Theres an element of class about not going around shouting from every paper who we're linkied with just for the sake of it. Besides we shouldn't be signing players just for the sake of it as WS says. It'll only be worth it if they are players of real quality who will improve our team. Otherwise its best to save the money and buy the right player at the right time, when they become available to us.

We're only papaer thin if we lose players to injury or sell them.

McGregor, Carroll

Hutton, Whittaker

Cuellar, Ugo

Weir, Webster

Papac, Broadfoot

Burke, Novo

Ferguson, Adam

Hemdani, Thomson

Naimsith, McCulloch

Boyd, Cousin

JCD, Buffel.

Plus there are guys like Gow, Webster, Smith, Smith, Lennon and Furman.

You cant really Put Thomson cover for Hemdani the 2 of them are playing in a Midfield 3 recently and i cant see Walter changing it!

If we lose Ferguson and Hutton were in trouble!

Yes i'm saying were a 2 man team (td)

Lots of time yet!

I didn't say at all that we were the finshed article or didn't need some strengthening at all! *wags finger*

But we don't need to panic buy and we don't need to panic either. By next season I'd like to see between 3 and 5 new faces but I'd be ok with 1-3 by February.

Yes i'm saying were a 2 man team

McGregor, Hutton, Cuellar, Thomson, Ferguson. We are more than a 2 man team.

When teams come to play us our threats are Ferguson creating and hutton making bombing runs

McGregor aint a threat to other teams,Cuellar and Thomson job is to break up the play not a threat going forward!

Do you think other teams Managers go right boys we need to stop McGregor today or Cuellar or Thomson?

I prefer summers transfers where there is a better class of player available and to buy for progress on the european front. To be honest I see no one in the spl that I would like to come into the club just now and if we must buy in January it has to be someone who will be an asset for home and in europe.

Ferguson has been underperfomring for months and it's his name rather than performances that people are singling him out for

At this moment in time I would say that our most vital players are actually Hemdani, Naismith and Burke.

Hemdani is just class act and since he came back into the midfield three we have looked like a far more composed and balanced unit. His play rubs off on others.

Naismith and Burke are vital in the formation we play as it reuqires players who are direct and have good pace and movement. They add a whole new dimension to our team.