Lack of Transfer Activity!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i'm saying were a 2 man team

McGregor, Hutton, Cuellar, Thomson, Ferguson. We are more than a 2 man team.

When teams come to play us our threats are Ferguson creating and hutton making bombing runs

McGregor aint a threat to other teams,Cuellar and Thomson job is to break up the play not a threat going forward!

Do you think other teams Managers go right boys we need to stop McGregor today or Cuellar or Thomson?

No but they'll have to get past Thomson, Cuellar and McGregor which is a hard task!

We have players who hurt teams but we have players who are hard to beat, this makes up a team.

You cant really Put Thomson cover for Hemdani the 2 of them are playing in a Midfield 3 recently and i cant see Walter changing it!

If we lose Ferguson and Hutton were in trouble!

Yes i'm saying were a 2 man team (td)

I amazed to hear this from our own fans... I totally disagree. Ferguson is obviously a quality player but has been poor recently and indeed many would suggest that a couple of games on the bench wouldn't go amiss. Hutton is obviously one of our best players but we are far far from a two man team.

McGregor may not be a threat but goalkeepers can win games, Cueller may not be an attacking player but he has been a rock in the defence and indeed has scored more than Sebo managed last season. A central defender can also be the difference between winning and losing. Would Richard Gough not have qualified as a significant team member in the 9 in a row year because he was not a threat?Weir has also been a colossus since signing although I think he is on the wane now.

Thomson has really come onto a game and has been better than Fergie in recent weeks. Hemdani too is a class act. Naismith is one of the most exciting prospects in Scotland having won young player of the year twice. JCD when fit is a major threat and Boyd is what the second or third highest scorer in SPL history at 24 years old. Novo is a dynamo who is capable of raising a game with his energy and enthusiasm,

I could go on and on, McCulloch, Burke, Whittaker, ....

2 man team? Needless to say I disagree

i cant see us signing anyone.

i'm not too bothered.. our current squad is more than capable of winning the league. We just dont have the funds to bring in real quality to improve our first team without selling. Had we sold Hutton we might have seen some more transfer activity.

Id rather be in our position than Celtic's.

Too many people are letting the fact that Celtic have signed a player, and are nbeing linked with others annoy them and perhaps it's making them a bit jealous.

WS has already said that he has been rejected in his approach for players and that probably means that we are now moving onto other targets, who we will need to assess first.

We have been linked with Banks, Larsen, Taylor, Moore, Berra among others so there is rumours in the press.

By taking his time WS is ensuring that he signs the right players and not any old dross.

I'd be more concerned if he signed a token player just to shut up the fans who are incapable of a bit of patience.

I agree 100%.

Walter has been astute/methodical in his transfer dealings so far imho.

Has refused to be rushed/pressured when signing guys like Cueller, McCulloch, Naismith etc.

We have to trust him to get it right again - and be patient too.

I said at the start of the window if there was one player I wanted to see at Ibrox come the 1st February it would be Alan Hutton.

I am impressed with how we're playing and although a new signing or two would probably benefit the side there is also the danger of upsetting a settled squad. If the likes of Gow, Furman, Efrem, Fleck and Lennon impress over the next few months then they'll be like new signings. I'd like to see us sign a long-term backup keeper to McGregor and because of Smith's track record in signing goalies I'll be happy with whoever that may be.

It's not worth signing players for the sake of it - if Smith thinks we're good enough then we can only trust his judgement.

tbh, the reaction to us signing Weir isn't far off the horror of the expressions on our coupons here.

And look how Weir turned out.

True, and it won't do us any harm to bring him in if Ugo goes. Cue the religious newspaper jokes.......... :rolleyes:

tbh, the reaction to us signing Weir isn't far off the horror of the expressions on our coupons here.

And look how Weir turned out.

True, and it won't do us any harm to bring him in if Ugo goes. Cue the religious newspaper jokes.......... :rolleyes:

Ugo has already gone ;)

I don't rate him when he plays for Scotland but we'll see how he does week in, week out at a club like Rangers if he signs. I don't see any quotes from Smith and I've learned to never accept these transfer rumours as fact until they're paraded at Auchenhowie and it's on the official site. He won't be that bad, but he won't that good either. An unispiring signing if ever there was one. I'd rather we sought out the long-term successor to Weir, which I don't think for a second Dailly would be given he's pish and pushing mid-thirties, and would prefer if the money to be spent here on wages would go to signing a younger player if only on loan to see how they do initially. We don't appear to have much of a scouting network but I seen we were linked with a young Finnish player. I'd prefer it if we put more faith into youngsters like Chris Smith for example or this young foreign kid rather than signing Dailly. We'll see how he does but I'm not expecting much. If you're expecting disappointment then you can only be pleasently surprised...or correct.

well put it this way, if i was the manager last night i'd have a heart attack watching that shambles of a performance.

If you were tha manager I wouldve had a heart attack as well.