Realistically...

Dado'sMulls

OK so we would all love the Edersons and the Kerzhakovs etc to sign for us, but who do we realistically see coming to us, either in the transfer window or in the summer?

I was away to name a few folk I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in, but ma cheese n tomato toastie is ready :craphead:

It's so difficult to predict who we will target or sign but I think we need to target players who have a knowledge of the British game, and a good idea of what Rangers is all about.

I predict another fairly decent overhaul of our squad players and as a result we need to sign quality who can start aswell as good players who can come in and do a better job than our current squad players can.

And I also think we need to look at players circumstances and try and exploit them, much like we did with Cousin mand we could get a few bargains.

I think Russell Anderson might end up on our list as we need an experienced player with good organisational and leadership skills as well as a knowledge of what Rangers is all about and a hell of a lot of SPL experience. He is one of the few who actually ticks all the boxes and if you consider that he struggling for a game at Sunderland and assuming Sunderland would be happy to recoup the million they spent on him then he would be within our budget.

I still think the need for a more regular goalscoring midfielder, wheter it be from a central area or from a wide area is essential. We have plenty of time to look for and scout for one, but I think we could get Rudi Skacel for a reasonable price.

Yes he's an ex Hearts player and some will say he's not good enough, but he scored a hell of a lot of goals from midfield when he was at Hearts and was vital to them finsihing second in the league and winning the Scottish Cup. He also has experience of Europe at both UEFA Cup and Champions League level and has played for Marseille and Panathinikos who are both good outfits.

He's been majorly wasted at Southampton and has played at LB for a lot of this season, which might be annoying him as he is better on the wing or behind the strikers. Also with Burley leaing he might fancy moving on again.

Again he's another player who we could sign and know will do a very good job should we be restricted to a budget again.

Decent shout there^

My Hearts supporter mate used to wind me up something hellish when Burley was at Hearts, and Skacel was banging them in every week. He has proven he can cut it at SPL level, wouldn't mind seeing him here.

I had the last laugh over my pal tho, look at the Jambos now haha

Another name who we should go after is Teemu Tainio, infact we should actually have tried to possibly get him as part of any deal for Hutton.

With Tiago set to come in and Ramos admitting that he is interested in Albelda then he is going to be even furthur down the pecking order at Spurs and he too might be after a move as a result.

He's a pretty versatile player, can defend and attack in equal measure and can also fill in at full back. Again he has vast amounts of experience at International and at a European level and at 28 he is pretty much in his prime.

I'm sure we were linked with him when he was at Auxerre, but again he's another who could and offer lots of experience and also replace Hemdani should he move on.

We really need to look at players circumstances and try and exxploit them for our own benefit.