Ron surgery successful

lola

Ronaldo’s knee operation yesterday evening was a success as messages of support continue to pour in from the world of calcio.

Milan’s striking star severed a tendon in his knee during Wednesday night’s game against Livorno at San Siro and there are fears that his career may be over.

El Fenomeno turned to the same medical team that restructured his other knee in 2000. The surgery took place in Paris’ Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital where Ronnie is staying in the same room as he did eight years ago.

“It went well,†Gerard Saillant, the doctor who performed the surgery in 2000 explained having supervised colleague Eric Rolland during the procedure.

“The operation took close to two hours and there were no complications.

“Now Ronaldo must rehabilitate the knee and that will take around nine months. Whether he will play again depends on him.â€

:) good news hope, he can recover and play again, would be a shame if the last thing we ever seen of Ronaldo on a pitch was him being carried off on a stretcher

“I spoke to Ronaldo just before he left for Paris and gave him all our best wishes and reminded him that Milan will be right behind him,” Galliani revealed.

“I think that cheered him up as he seemed a lot less down today.”

“When you are talking about medical issues I can’t give any predictions and I don’t know how long a recovery will take, but we will be there for him,” Galliani insisted.

“There is great affection from President Silvio Berlusconi and myself towards Ronnie. It was a tragic thing to happen, but now we need to deal with it in the best way possible.

We don’t want such a sad image to be the last we see of Ronaldo on a football pitch. The hope is that he will wear the Milan shirt again as he is perhaps the best player Brazil has produced after Pelè.”

(tu)

He can come back from this. Depends how much he wants it. Players in the past have suffered serious injurys in the past, been written off and come back to prove the critics wrong.

The same tendon on the same knee for the third time is unearthly difficult to come back from.

Given a) his weight problems and b) he's achieved everything a player could, it'll be interesting to see what he does from here.

He can come back from this. Depends how much he wants it. Players in the past have suffered serious injurys in the past, been written off and come back to prove the critics wrong.

The same tendon on the same knee for the third time is unearthly difficult to come back from.

Given a) his weight problems and b) he's achieved everything a player could, it'll be interesting to see what he does from here.

A) Weight problem was over ages ago. B) Top players always want to win things no matter how much they have achieved. Maldini being the perfect example.

He can come back from it. I remember Pippo Inzaghi suffering a serious injury and being written off etc... Now look at what he has achieved in that time. Ronaldo is hardly at the end of his career as well being roughly 31

this one is actually on the other knee, not the one he injured twice previously (tu)

A) Weight problem was over ages ago. B) Top players always want to win things no matter how much they have achieved. Maldini being the perfect example.

He can come back from it. I remember Pippo Inzaghi suffering a serious injury and being written off etc... Now look at what he has achieved in that time. Ronaldo is hardly at the end of his career as well being roughly 31

ronaldo still has that champions league winners medal missing (tu)

this one is actually on the other knee, not the one he injured twice previously (tu)

Is it? Man, conflicting reports on that one confusing papa!

If so, then I agree with Del. If it's a relatively 'new' injury, he could well be fine.

Is it? Man, conflicting reports on that one confusing papa!

If so, then I agree with Del. If it's a relatively 'new' injury, he could well be fine.

Ronnie has already suffered this type of injury twice before in 1998 and 2000, but that was in his right knee.

(tu)

and as i said he is still missing that CL medal, so he surely still has the desire