Kris Boyd

FlippinEck

Well done to boyd today, despite a couple of sloppy fouls, including the one that led to dundee utds goal, he was winning balls in the air and getting flick ons and showing some good touches whilst having a couple of half chances and nearly playing novo through with a great ball, but mainly, scoring that 3rd goal, a cracking finish still showing his predatory instincts to keep us out clear in the league

You could easily have failed miserably but I thought you did well considering the lack of games, still has to iron out some kinks but despite the rest of the team playing pretty poorly, you didnt disappoint.

:rangers:

I'm afraid i'm in the other camp, despite all his goals I just can't take to him. My mate thinks Boyd should play every week but I can't agree. His touch and awareness are that of a 1st Division player. And the amount of times he gives away needless, silly free kicks when there is no need is frightening. You could hear the bench having to tell him what to do and shout at him to move his arse to close down.

I know his job is to score goals and thats what he's paid for but i'd honestly cash in on him in the summer and buy someone with a bit more agility and skill. He frustrates the life out of me.

And Whittaker!! that boy needs a right good shake at times, he's so feckin lethargic it's unreal!

You wouldn't think we were battling it out for 4 trophies after that rant! :blush:

I thought Boyd was pretty good today. He was alert and won many balls. He compared VERY well to JCD when he came on. JCD looked a yard of the pace the whole time. Has a habit of falling down a lot too.

I thought Boyd had a decent game by his standards today, but still looked no better than a bog standard SPL player in terms of his general play.

His goal was the result of a suicide pass but........he took it exceptionally well. Classy finish, exceptional composure.

However, if we're looking at alternative options in terms of our strikers, I think we should be highlighting Novo from todays game. Took his goal very well, good composure to get round the keeper and his general performance and work-rate was encouraging. Novo has been used as a winger by us in recent times, but as he showed in his first season, play him through the middle and he'll score goals consistently as well as giving a good level of performance, at least at SPL level.

Back to 4-5-1 for me and Boyd on the bench. Played ok today but I don't like the 4-4-2 which means Boyd drops out.

And who is there to pounce on oppertunities like the one today? Boyd is the only player we have who can do that consistantly i think, Darcheville is not a poacher, maybe Cousin is but i don't think theres any better than Boyd at that.

I thought Boyd was his usual, poor self. Did you not see the sitter he missed from half a yard? He must have given away about 10 silly, stupid, needless fouls. Not to mention that insane dive when he'd got ahead of the Arabs defence.

He was as bad as everyone else today.

you can't argue with 12 goals in his last 12 games

You also cant argue with.

13 league wins in the row, Playing the 4-5-1 more often than not and Boyd sitting on the bench.

Then 1 game with Boyd up front in a 4-4-2 and a draw.

Statistics can be used both ways.

13 league wins in the row, Playing the 4-5-1 more often than not and Boyd sitting on the bench.

(tu)

Exactly. Get that 4-4-2 to f*ck.

What about his dive? That was shocking and 10 times worse than Thomson's last week!!

I actually thought it might have been a slip of balance but i'm probably looking through blue tinted specs there.

Happened right infront of me. No need to dive. He would of been first to the ball.

There are lies, there are damned lies and there are statistics.

Never a truer word spoken.

Exactly. Get that 4-4-2 to f*ck.

Did you not see the CIS Cup final at Hampden, Muff? We started there against DU with the ONE up front and we HAD to revert to Boyd and 4-4-2 to win the cup. Walter learned from that - hence 4-4-2 today. Short memory Buddy. Boyd and Nacho got goals out of nothing today.

Generally however I think we play best with D Cousin as the lone striker, but the others are not nearly so good on their own. JCD looked way off the pace today. When DC is fit again we can revert to 4-5-1.

Did you not see the CIS Cup final at Hampden, Muff? We started there against DU with the ONE up front and we HAD to revert to Boyd and 4-4-2 to win the cup. Walter learned from that - hence 4-4-2 today. Short memory Buddy. Boyd and Nacho got goals out of nothing today.

Boyd and Novo got goals out of nothing yes, but for 90 minutes Dundee Utd stiffled us in midfield mainly because they had an extra man in there.

Boyd and Novo got goals out of nothing yes, but for 90 minutes Dundee Utd stiffled us in midfield mainly because they had an extra man in there.

Spot on.

Boyd and Novo were isolated up there for the entire first half, and for long spells in the second aswell.

Look at our midfield today, absolutely pish. The left and right backs were left exposed and Flood and the other lad tore Ferguson and Thomson a new arse. The amount of times Dundee United found time and space in that area was a joke. That wouldn't of happened with the 4-5-1.

Thomson and Ferguson are carrying knocks, yet Walter choses to leave them exposed. 4-4-2 was not the right formation to play.

Spot on.

Boyd and Novo were isolated up there for the entire first half, and for long spells in the second aswell.

But if we had 1 winger then we may have been attacking them and then exposing them, I'd say it would have been much different IMO.