____________Ferguson____Thomson____________

Davis______________________________McCulloch

___________________Cousin__________________

if McCulloch plays al shoot masel,hes been brutal recently

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be an interesting evening, not sure who is fit etc, but if all are fit then I think the following might start:

-------------------------McGregor--------------------------

Broadfoot-------Cuellar-------Dailly-----------Papac

----------------------Hemdani-------------------------

Davis---------Ferguson---------Thompson--------Adam

-------------------JCD----------------------------

Think JCD will start and then Cousin will come on as a sub.

Alot of people are predicting Hemdani will play, as I said last week our best three centre mids are Davis, Ferguson and Thomson and those are the three Walter should be playing in the middle. Last week Hemdani was rank rotten (as he has been in recent matches) and Davis was wasted out wide, he should be in the middle pulling the strings with Ferguson where he is most effective. Broadfoot (or Clubfoot as I now like to call him) should be dropped as well, he gave far too much possesion away last week and he is as slow as a carthorse.

We need pace out wide and McCulloch (who has been awful recently) and Adam cant provide this, Walter has to be looking at Naismith, Burke or Novo. If Cousin is fit then he would go straight into my team, I dont like the guy but he is the best player we have to play the lone role.

My Team would be...

McGregor

Whittaker ... Cueller ... Dailly ... Papac

Thomson

Novo ..... Ferguson .... Davis ..... Naismith

Cousin

Theres no point playing Hemdani when we need to attack and score. He does a great job in other away games in Europe when its a group stage or a first leg, but on Thursday night he would slow down play and momentum far too much.

Hemdani was immense in one of our best ever away performances/results in Lyon. Hemdani must start, but should probably the first sacrificied if we're running out of time. I'm no fan of Davis on the right, but it's the only way to fit our best players in. Novo for Hemdani is certainly an option if we're chasing the game.

Theres no point playing Hemdani when we need to attack and score. He does a great job in other away games in Europe when its a group stage or a first leg, but on Thursday night he would slow down play and momentum far too much.

Hemdani was immense in one of our best ever away performances/results in Lyon. Hemdani must start, but should probably the first sacrificied if we're running out of time. I'm no fan of Davis on the right, but it's the only way to fit our best players in. Novo for Hemdani is certainly an option if we're chasing the game.

To be fair though...EVERYONE done a job in Lyon - there wasn't anyone who had a bad game.

To be fair though...EVERYONE done a job in Lyon - there wasn't anyone who had a bad game.

True, but Hemdani was key to that victory. His ability to take the ball under pressure and keep possession was, IMO, the biggest contribution to our performance. I'd hope for something similar tomorrow night.

Hemdani was immense in the Champions League run. It's only been the last 5/6 games that he's been poor.

Exactly why he shouln't start tomorrow night, his form of late has been rank rotten and the form he showed in the Champions League has dissapeared. We have to play players that are playing well and that will contribute something to the team and IMO Hemdani, Clubfoot (erm Broadfoot) and McCulloch have been cr@p recently and shouldn't start !!

I reckon it will be JCD for 60 mins..then IF we are still on level terms or hopefully winning.send on DC to replace him and see out the rest. If we are chasing it i can see at some point a Novo-JCD-DC-Naismith all on at once for last 20 mins.

Hemdani was immense in the Champions League run. It's only been the last 5/6 games that he's been poor.

Exactly why he shouln't start tomorrow night, his form of late has been rank rotten and the form he showed in the Champions League has dissapeared. We have to play players that are playing well and that will contribute something to the team and IMO Hemdani, Clubfoot (erm Broadfoot) and McCulloch have been cr@p recently and shouldn't start !!

Barry has been rubbish, should we not start him?

If we were picking a team with Rangers players on form, we'd go into tomorrows game with 9 players

Barry has been rubbish, should we not start him?

If we were picking a team with Rangers players on form, we'd go into tomorrows game with 9 players

If you had bothered to read my earlier posts you will see that I have quite clearly stated my reasons for not wanting Hemdani, McCulloch or Clubfoot to start, thier current form is just one of those reasons. <_<

My Team would be

-------------------------McGregor------------------------------------

--Broadfoot---------Daily------Cuellar----------Papac----------

--------------Thomson------------Fergie------------------------

---Novo-----------------Davis-------------------McCulloch--------

--------------------------Cousin-------------------------------------

McCulloch was our one of our better players against lisbon won alot of headers and with cousin there offer more arial threat, wee novo in for pace

-----------------------McGregor-----------------------

Broadfoot---------Daily------Cuellar----------Papac

------------Thomson------------Fergie----------------

Burke-----------------Davis--------------------Novo

-----------------------Cousin-------------------------

Fuck McCulloch, been pish for months now. If we really wana get past this team we need a bit of skill nd pace up front imo. So i would go with Novo from the start and i can only really think of burke to fill in on the right.

Fuck McCulloch, been pish for months now. If we really wana get past this team we need a bit of skill nd pace up front imo. So i would go with Novo from the start and i can only really think of burke to fill in on the right.

If we try and play them at their game we'll get beat. We should go out physically like we do every week. McCulloch should and will start, they couldnt handle him last week.

I'd start Cousin if fit, drop Hemdani and leave Novo as a sub, he does better as an impact player. I also feel starting Charlie Adam might be worth the risk, i know he's abit shit but he's always willing to take a shot from distance. Before the first leg the pundits were all going on about Sporting's young keeper who would be under pressure from shots and balls right on top of him all night, which was something we barely attempted and when we did he flapped at it.

--------------------- McGregor ------------------

Captain Kirk --- Daily --- Cueller ---- Papac

McCulloch --- Davis --- Barry --- Thomson --- Adam

--------------------- Cousin -------------

I'd start Cousin if fit, drop Hemdani and leave Novo as a sub, he does better as an impact player. I also feel starting Charlie Adam might be worth the risk, i know he's abit shit but he's always willing to take a shot from distance. Before the first leg the pundits were all going on about Sporting's young keeper who would be under pressure from shots and balls right on top of him all night, which was something we barely attempted and when we did he flapped at it.

I think starting Charlie is a bigger risk than you make out - he's injured!

Worse than usual :craphead:

Rude bastard that he is, Adam

Thank fuck for that, as soon as i posted it i immediately started regretting it. :unsure:

That's pretty much Adam's season over then. That will be him until pre-season. I'd hate to see the state of him when he comes back.

My Team would be

-------------------------McGregor------------------------------------

--Broadfoot---------Daily------Cuellar----------Papac----------

--------------Thomson------------Fergie------------------------

---Novo-----------------Davis-------------------McCulloch--------

--------------------------Cousin-------------------------------------

McCulloch was our one of our better players against lisbon won alot of headers and with cousin there offer more arial threat, wee novo in for pace

Cousin for Darch and your there :D

I reckon Darch will get the first 60 mins then Cousin to come on for the end, depending on the score of course!

Id put money on the team being:

--------------McGregor---------------

Broadfoot----Dailly---Cuellar---Papac

-----------Hemdani--Thomson---------

Davis----------Ferguson------McCulloch

-----------------Cousin-------------------

The only place that is up for debate is whether Cousin starts, or whether he replaces Darcheville after 65 mins. The team picks itself.