Shevchenko makes Ancelotti plea

There are rumours that Andriy Shevchenko has made an emotional appeal to Carlo Ancelotti to approve his return to Milan.

Sheva was a Rossoneri hero between 1999 and 2006 when he hit the net 127 times in 208 games.

However, he controversially quit the club for Chelsea in a £30m move in 2006 and has struggled badly at Stamford Bridge, where he has scored just four times this term.

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi is keen to bring the Ukrainian international back to San Siro, but Ancelotti has hinted that he doesn’t want to see Andriy back n the fold, stressing that he is too similar to Alexandre Pato.

Reports suggest that Sheva is desperate to complete the move and that he phoned Ancelotti to beg him to give his approval to the deal.

Meanwhile Vice-President Adriano Galliani is quietly confident that the world champions can seal the services of Sheva and Barcelona’s Ronaldinho.

“I believe that these deal will take place,†he declared while entering today’s Lega Calcio meeting.

“The doors are open to a return for Sheva but, like Ronaldinho, we are talking about a player who is under contract and is being followed by other clubs, so all you can do is hope.â€

not sure how pleased i am at either tbh. ronaldinho, if he could recapture his form that made him the best player in the world then it would be a breath of fresh air at the san siro. and plus who wouldnt want to see the brazilian trio of pato, kaka and ronaldinho week in week out :drool: . and although shevchenko was a legend at milan and our 2nd best striker of all time (in terms of goals) i would prefer someone younger(benzema) but having shevchenko as a short term solution wouldnt be bad.

good shout with Huntelaar. Last I heard Man Utd wanted him and that was their biggest target this summer.

back on topic be interesting, i thought sheva had some good games at chelski, and ronaldinho needs to sort his life out. never mind the fees what about the wages these guys would be on both way over 100k surely?

If you can get Shevchenko for around £5m then thats a good bit of buisness. I was thinking more around the £15m mark?

all depends on how much money chelski want to make back on him. if chelski demand 15m i can see milan backing out, especially since not many want him back.

back on topic be interesting, i thought sheva had some good games at chelski, and ronaldinho needs to sort his life out. never mind the fees what about the wages these guys would be on both way over 100k surely?

i read an interview with demetrio albertini yesterday(who was teamate of 'dinho at barca) and it was quite interesting the things he said about him.

Former Barcelona and Milan star Demetrio Albertini is confident Ronaldinho’s San Siro switch is very likely.

“He really could join Milan, because I see a pretty complicated situation for him at Barcelona,†the midfielder told Sky Italia.

The former World and European Player of the Year has been struggling with personality clashes at the Nou Camp and is expected to leave this summer.

Clubs who have shown an interest are Milan, Juventus, Inter, Chelsea and Manchester City.

“He would be really happy at Milan, because there are so many Brazilians. He would also enjoy playing for a team like this. He is one of the greatest talents I have ever played alongside.

“It takes a lot of effort to remain at the top of your sport and, as far as Ronaldinho is concerned, I think he needs a great deal of affection.â€

Albertini was his teammate at Barca and insists the stories of his difficult personality and fractious rapport with tacticians are untrue.

“He is humble and knows how to accept advice. He is a great person in the locker room and gets on with all his teammates.

“At my testimonial game at San Siro he was so happy to see all those fans and champions. His affection for Milan is mutual. I think in the eyes of any player Milan are a great club.â€

Albertini also revealed a curious anecdote to the everyday life of one of the world’s highest paid players.

“He can’t drive. Ronaldinho is always accompanied to the stadium by family and friends."

quite interesting reading an "inside view" to what 'dinho is like at barca. seems that hes not happy at barca and just needs a new challenge.

If you can get Shevchenko for around £5m then thats a good bit of buisness. I was thinking more around the £15m mark?

all depends on how much money chelski want to make back on him. if chelski demand 15m i can see milan backing out, especially since not many want him back.

i read an interview with demetrio albertini yesterday(who was teamate of 'dinho at barca) and it was quite interesting the things he said about him.

Former Barcelona and Milan star Demetrio Albertini is confident Ronaldinho’s San Siro switch is very likely.

“He really could join Milan, because I see a pretty complicated situation for him at Barcelona,†the midfielder told Sky Italia.

The former World and European Player of the Year has been struggling with personality clashes at the Nou Camp and is expected to leave this summer.

Clubs who have shown an interest are Milan, Juventus, Inter, Chelsea and Manchester City.

“He would be really happy at Milan, because there are so many Brazilians. He would also enjoy playing for a team like this. He is one of the greatest talents I have ever played alongside.

“It takes a lot of effort to remain at the top of your sport and, as far as Ronaldinho is concerned, I think he needs a great deal of affection.â€

Albertini was his teammate at Barca and insists the stories of his difficult personality and fractious rapport with tacticians are untrue.

“He is humble and knows how to accept advice. He is a great person in the locker room and gets on with all his teammates.

“At my testimonial game at San Siro he was so happy to see all those fans and champions. His affection for Milan is mutual. I think in the eyes of any player Milan are a great club.â€

Albertini also revealed a curious anecdote to the everyday life of one of the world’s highest paid players.

“He can’t drive. Ronaldinho is always accompanied to the stadium by family and friends."

quite interesting reading an "inside view" to what 'dinho is like at barca. seems that hes not happy at barca and just needs a new challenge.

I hope he gets to milan then!! Get him a club that will treat him decent then we can see dinho backto his best eh?

I hope he gets to milan then!! Get him a club that will treat him decent then we can see dinho backto his best eh?

exactly. like it said in the interview, he needs a great deal of affection. and that is exactly what he will get at milan. the fans would love him there and he joins a strong contingent of brazilians, so he would feel welcome and fit in straight away. as i said, who wouldnt want to see a front 3 of pato, kaka and ronaldinho?! berlusconi seems confident 'dinho will join and albertini seems confident he will join, so hopefully he does :)

Sheva shouldnt have left in the first place, he was a God at Meelan and he threw it all away.

a month before he left he said he was "milan for life" and that he wanted to stay to overtake gunnar nordahls goal scoring record(he was a season or 2 away from beating it if he kept up his scoring ratios). this is why many dont want him back. and you might think that £30m was good compensation but the fact we did nothing with it just makes more people angry.

Sheva shouldnt have left in the first place, he was a God at Meelan and he threw it all away.

a month before he left he said he was "milan for life" and that he wanted to stay to overtake gunnar nordahls goal scoring record(he was a season or 2 away from beating it if he kept up his scoring ratios). this is why many dont want him back. and you might think that £30m was good compensation but the fact we did nothing with it just makes more people angry.

tbh, I'm seeing a few fans who actually seem quite sure that Sheva's wife's selfishness is what may have destroyed his career.

Let's be honest, Sheva was a God at Milan - would anyone in their right mind want to leave that?

I think he was being honest when he said he wanted to stay for life - I think he was a wet ponce who gave into his wife for an easy life. Total fool, but at the same time you could even say he had his priorities right choosing his family over football.

I have most certainly forgiven tbh - and I want him back.

I despised him at the time, but thinking about it, there could be reasons which weren't his complete fault.

And I suspect no one regrets what he did more than he does.

exactly. like it said in the interview, he needs a great deal of affection. and that is exactly what he will get at milan. the fans would love him there and he joins a strong contingent of brazilians, so he would feel welcome and fit in straight away. as i said, who wouldnt want to see a front 3 of pato, kaka and ronaldinho?! berlusconi seems confident 'dinho will join and albertini seems confident he will join, so hopefully he does :)

tbh, the affection comes with displays. Gilardino isn't exactly revered, despite the hype about his arrival.

As for Ronaldinho - indifferent season, has at times recaptured his old form, but has mostly continued to rot as he's done since before the world cup. But Ronaldo was rotting at Real Madrid and for 4 months or so after joining was his old self again. Maybe Ronaldinho can be the same.