Madness

It's not as bad as Wes Brown wanting over 50k a week, cheeky tosser.

I think he was being offered £50 and wanted £80k, I don't even rate Brown.

Ferdinand is a faboulous defender though!

Wes Brown should be lucky that SAF and Man U even offered him a new contract. He wanted over £50k a week?, I know what I'd tell him to do....bolt and then go out and buy a better player!

He'll never get a bigger club and Man U have stuck by him after all his injuries.

I agree Ferdinand is a good defender, what i meant was, with all the furore surrounding Carlos's transfer rumours, how can we realistically expect to keep him at Ibrox. I think Carlos will be as good if not better than ferdinand in a few years time.

The thing with Brown was supposedly Newcastle are interested and you know what they are like for paying huge wages for shite players, his agent was trying to use that to get Man Utd to bump up his contract. They told him to fuck off, dunno if he accepted the original offer or what though.

In perspective of what others are on ... I don't find it suprising. I think Woodgate would be a better CH, if he could stay fit, but apart from him, Ferdinand is probably the best CH in the EPL.

Guys, John Terry is already ON that much.

Most overrated CB ever!!

At least Rio can play football, he can pass. he gets forward on occasion, Terry is just a Bruno!!

I think its a joke these guys are offered £120,000 a week (more than alot of people earn in a year) just to kick a ball around.

people like to say "oh aye, but their playing career is so short."

C. Ronaldo is already on GBP121,000 per week (not counting bonuses, endorsements etc.) He's 23. Lets say he only manages another 6 years before quitting - most likely he'll play for longer but its possible he'd have to retire early.

121,000 x 52 = 6,292,000

6,292,000 x 6 = 37,752,000

By contrast, if you left school at 16 and worked till you are 65 for a total of 49 years employment, you would need to earn GBP770,449 a year to keep up with his earnings!