Rangers pay for Fiorentina away tickets

Boab

A Big Thank You

RANGERS has today announced it will give free official match tickets to supporters attending the away UEFA Cup semi-final tie against Fiorentina in Italy on Thursday 1 May plus a freeze on ticket prices for the home leg against the Serie A side at Ibrox Stadium on Thursday 24 April.

Last month, in an unprecedented initiative in European football, the Club bought the entire Rangers ticket allocation for the Sporting Lisbon tie at the Jose Alvalade Stadium in Lisbon - at a cost of £50,000 - and distributed 2,500 tickets to supporters based on their travel history.

Now, as a further thank you to the fans who have supported the team home and away in four competitions this season, the Club has spent another £45,000 on the entire away allocation for Fiorentina - over 2000 tickets - and will again distribute them on the basis of previous European travel history.

The Club has also decided to freeze ticket prices for the semi-final home leg against Fiorentina next Thursday evening at Ibrox Stadium with Season Ticket Holders able to buy tickets for just £35 and Public Sale Tickets available for £40 - no increase on the prices for the last European tie against Sporting Lisbon at Ibrox.

Tickets for the home clash next Thursday are on Public Sale from Saturday, with priority given to supporters who purchased quarter-final briefs for Sporting Lisbon.

Ibrox has been packed for every Champions League and UEFA Cup match this season and as Walter Smith's men prepare for their 17th and 18th Euro ties of the season against Fiorentina, the Club felt it was important to The fantastic card display at the Stuttgart match recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters.

Martin Bain, Chief Executive of Rangers, commented: "Our supporters have shown extraordinary commitment in following the team this season in four different competitions so we are delighted to offer fans free tickets for the away game against Fiorentina plus a freeze on prices for the home leg.

"Yesterday's Old Firm derby was our 56th game of the season and our fans have continually turned up home and away to cheer on the team week in week out. They have been terrific, both in terms of commitment and support but also in terms of behaviour at matches. It is also a huge financial commitment and one we certainly appreciate.

"At Ibrox alone this season we have had almost 1.5 million spectators through the turnstiles and our fans deserve great credit for continually filling the Stadium for SPL, CIS Cup, Scottish Cup and European matches.

The teams walk out in Belgrade"We have now reached the business end of the 2007/08 season and with three trophies still to play, this is an exciting time for everyone associated with the Club. With the continued backing of our supporters we hope to secure further silverware in the weeks ahead."

This season supporters have attended eight games in Europe on trips to Montenegro, Serbia, Spain, France, Germany, Greece and Portugal with some supporters travelling to as many as 18 European away ties in the last three seasons.

The Fiorentina ticket offer follows a recent announcement by Rangers of a major drive to encourage families and youngsters to football.

Chairman Sir David Murray announced an initiative that will reduce the price of juvenile season tickets at Ibrox by one third and freeze the cost of adult and concession season tickets for next season.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1291623,00.html

How F*cking annoying. We've payed for every home ticket this year and we're not getting anything back!

to fucking right,

i bet the away travellers have spent no where near as much at hoime games this season as against away ticket prices

I canny believe this the rest of us who follow the team week in week out and who are the ones traveling on the bus journeys away to your Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee's etc every other week get shafted again by the mint. :angry2:

this season alone i have been to lyon, barcelona, stuggart, bremen and lisbon. i have booked up for florence and this morning i got a message telling me i had been unlucky in the ballot. so you can stick the free tickets up your arse!!!!!

I canny believe this the rest of us who follow the team week in week out and who are the ones traveling on the bus journeys away to your Aberdeen, Inverness and Dundee's etc every other week get shafted again by the mint. :angry2:

Aye cos those of us who go to Euro aways never go to those games as well :rolleyes:

just be grateful for the club giving something back and stop acting like oliver and asking for more.

Given something back to whom ?

Unless my eyes have deceived me then the 2500 in the TC are the only ones who have benefited from the tickets.

The Home support payed for the away tickets for lisbon and now Italy not Murray.

Aye cos those of us who go to Euro aways never go to those games as well :rolleyes:

The travel club just opened up to new members for Italy did they not ?

Just means basically anyone can apply and will probably get a free ticket ?

The travel club just opened up to new members for Italy did they not ?

Just means basically anyone can apply and will probably get a free ticket ?

no it didnt open up, its been closed for new members for awhile now and have said they wont open until next season.

i wish people would stop bloody moaning, SDM has done a nice gesture here, well done to him, stop being jealous because you arent getting a freebie.

p.s. im looking forward to my freebie. :rolleyes:

Good gesture once again (tu)

I'm sure all fellow season ticket holders will be pleased that we're paying a very reasonable £35 for a european semi-final, our last european fixture at Ibrox this season no matter the outcome of the ties.

And for the away fans, they get their tickets paid for again for the away trip.

Nothing but good here guys, stop looking so hard to have a moan :)

just be grateful for the club giving something back and stop acting like oliver and asking for more.

completely agree

As do I. I'm only jealous because I don't have the readies at the moment to go away to Europe. Fair play to those that do. (tu)

Excuse my french, but stop acting like spoilt wee fucking bairns! :mad:

Unless he sends a refund cheque to every person who has attended a game, home or away, (say 50p per game attended?) there is no way he can give something back to every supporter. And he has not "shafted" anyone, he has given something back to those who have taken time out of their lives and spent money on ensuring the team has a vocal presence in away matches. He CANNOT give back to everyone, so don't deny the people who travel (99% of whom will be spending the same on home matches as you, + the away travel, accomodation and tickets) a wee freebie.

By the way, freezing the prices for the Home leg IS giving something back. They would be perfectly within their right to raise prices for a European semi final. I expect to get pelters for that, but I bet every other team does it.

It's all me, me, me. Greedy, grabbing bassas :mad:

Excuse my french, but stop acting like spoilt wee fucking bairns! :mad:

Unless he sends a refund cheque to every person who has attended a game, home or away, (say 50p per game attended?) there is no way he can give something back to every supporter. And he has not "shafted" anyone, he has given something back to those who have taken time out of their lives and spent money on ensuring the team has a vocal presence in away matches. He CANNOT give back to everyone, so don't deny the people who travel (99% of whom will be spending the same on home matches as you, + the away travel, accomodation and tickets) a wee freebie.

By the way, freezing the prices for the Home leg IS giving something back. They would be perfectly within their right to raise prices for a European semi final. I expect to get pelters for that, but I bet every other team does it.

It's all me, me, me. Greedy, grabbing bassas :mad:

PELTERS? far from it mate, well said. (tu)

Only Rangers fans would moan at something for free.

How can people say that the home fans are getting shafted and are paying for these freebie tickets? £35 is quite resonable for a European semi-final if you ask me - it cost £34 to watch that crap last night, didnt it?