• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

________________________Alexander____________________

Whittaker__________Cuellar_________Weir___________Papac

_______________Dailly_______________Hemdani__________

______Davis_______________Buffel___________Novo_______

________________________Darcheville___________________

that's the team id go with (tu)

as for fiorentina, they go into this game in good form. last night they beat palermo 1-0 with a good strike from marco donadel(who i think is suspended for this game) and that edges fiorentina ever closer to securing 4th place in serie a. ujfalusi is also a doubt for this game.

dangermen: mutu, pazzini, montolivo and kuzmanovic are the ones to watch imo.

prediction: Rangers 0-0 Fiorentina

id bite ur hand off for a clean sheet, so probably take a nil nil aswell although at home in europe we shud really be tryin to take an advantage of a goal or 2 over there, but with the suspensions and injuries, i think nil nil wud be a good result, its worked twice already this season, why mess with it lol

Thev team - a bit of a guess for now:

__________________Alexander____________________

Ok by me, but cannot see Walter starting Buffel.

I think that I would` play JCD on the right wing and Davis in the middle and Cousin up front.

Thev team - a bit of a guess for now:

__________________Alexander____________________

Ok by me, but cannot see Walter starting Buffel.

I think that I would` play JCD on the right wing and Davis in the middle and Cousin up front.

Darcheville doesn't have the stamina to play on the right wing. Tracking back and supporting the striker.

Dont think Cousin will start, that was one of his poorest performances to date.

I prefer Darche, he's much more involved.

Who plays in midfield?

I'm not sure about Buffel, but who else will play there? unless Whittaker, Davis, Hemdani, Daily and Novo are the midfield, with Broadfoot at right back.

I don't even know who I would play for this one. I can't remember a Rangers team ever having so many injuries and suspensions.

I think the team will be...

Alexander

Broadfoot Cuellar Weir Papac

Whittaker Davis Dailly Hemdani Novo

Darcheville

______________________McGregor

Broadfoot________Cuellar________Weir________Papac

________________Hemdani______Dailly

Novo____________________Davis____________Cousin

______________________Darcheville

I know it's a very 'left field' idea playing Cousin at left mid, but I don't think it's any crazier than playing Lee McCulloch at left mid. He's got all Lee's attributes and more (ability to beat a man, run with the ball, better touch, quicker) and like Lee, gives us an out ball with the high ball option.

I know it's a very 'left field' idea playing Cousin at left mid, but I don't think it's any crazier than playing Lee McCulloch at left mid. He's got all Lee's attributes and

more (ability to beat a man, run with the ball, better touch, quicker) and like Lee, gives us an out ball with the high ball option.

:lol:

Speechless.

I know it's a very 'left field' idea playing Cousin at left mid, but I don't think it's any crazier than playing Lee McCulloch at left mid. He's got all Lee's attributes and

more (ability to beat a man, run with the ball, better touch, quicker) and like Lee, gives us an out ball with the high ball option.

:lol:

Speechless.

Well come on then, give us some reasoning.......not very often you're speechless mate, quite the achievement ;)

If Ferguson or Thomson had been fit, I'd have had Davis right, Novo left, Darcheville OR Cousin up top.

But they're not, so we have a selection headache. I'd rather do something a bit different, and play Cousin on the left with Darcheville up top so that we have two quality players on the field, rather than go with one of our back up options (Naismith, Burke, Buffel, Gow.......) who I have no confidence in making an impact at this level. Naismith and Burke may well be out through injury anyway.

Our hands are tied, there is no ideal solution. We've played McCulloch at left mid for a lot of our biggest wins and performances this season. For me, Cousin offers the same qualities and more that Lee usually does. He's never a natural left mid, but then neither is Lee. I don't want him there for more than this one game.........it's circumstances that force me into thinking this way.

I just can see its positives but just can't fiqure out if its genius or crazy talk.

How about we go with crazy talk.........but so crazy, it might just actually work ;)

After Alex McLeish, and now with the failed Whittaker at right mid/Naisy at left mid debacles, I think we need to keep players in their correct positions.

Surely left footed assist-machine (ask Anthony Stokes) Alan Gow could come in with a shout for the remainder of the season?

Got an idea.

Alexander________________

Dailly________Cuellar________Weir________Papac

_________________Davis____Hemdani______________

____Novo_____________Buffel________________Stevie Smith

_____________________Cousin_____________

I just can see its positives but just can't fiqure out if its genius or crazy talk.

How about we go with crazy talk.........but so crazy, it might just actually work ;)

After Alex McLeish, and now with the failed Whittaker at right mid/Naisy at left mid debacles, I think we need to keep players in their correct positions.

Surely left footed assist-machine (ask Anthony Stokes) Alan Gow could come in with a shout for the remainder of the season?

(tu)

9 assists in the whole season, one more than Nacho who played half the games.

I know it's a very 'left field' idea playing Cousin at left mid, but I don't think it's any crazier than playing Lee McCulloch at left mid. He's got all Lee's attributes and more (ability to beat a man, run with the ball, better touch, quicker) and like Lee, gives us an out ball with the high ball option.

Doesn't win much in the air either.

I wonder if he'll go with Broadfoot at rb and Whittaker on the right of midfield, with Novo on the left flank like folk are suggesting. The only other position i'd query is up front, but its really only going to be Cousin or Darcheville.

I'd like Buffel to play as well in Barry's position, but it'll be difficult for him seeing as he's had not a lot of games.

Doesn't win much in the air either.

Yes, neither DC or Lee the useless one.

9 assists in the whole season, one more than Nacho who played half the games.

Well I was told 13 but perhaps that was in all competitons.