***Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Thread***

McBoyd

So as we run down the last month of metal gear 4 (updated thread May 13th) coming out on June 12th, here are some trailers from the game, with updates coming as they do :P

Here are some of the trailers for the game so far, not every one of course, there are SO many, but the basics.

E3 2006:

One of the first teasers from 2006

15 minute E3 Trailer

E3 2007:

March 2008:

Demo of the gameplay

April 2008:

MGS1 playable again?

May 2008:

This new trailer just looks intense..

NEW! Metal Gear 4 THEATRICAL TRAILER.

^^ We see snake turn from OLD SNAKE into YOUNG SNAKE, AGAIN, is the "old" snake really just an octo camo? Or is the young snake an octo camo?

• 2 weeks later...

Does look good, first game on PS3 that's got my attention. Get a few more decent games for it and I'll have to consider buying one, either Sept or next Jan.

Does look good, first game on PS3 that's got my attention. Get a few more decent games for it and I'll have to consider buying one, either Sept or next Jan.

The plan is working, one by one i am converting the world to PS3 :craphead:

The plan is working, one by one i am converting the world to PS3 :craphead:

I doubt it'll get more time than my xbox, although I don't tend to favour any of my consoles. They're just plastic lumps after all. As long as it's got good games I want to play I'm there.

Guest johngers

:ohmy:

Perhaps people are beginning to see the light...

Either that or McBoyd's bribing him...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, A console needs to have at least 5 decent exclusive games before I buy one. I find it's a good rule, what with buying consoles for the games and all ;)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, A console needs to have at least 5 decent exclusive games before I buy one. I find it's a good rule, what with buying consoles for the games and all ;)

Good rule, dunno why i never really take notice of the exclusive games, (i.e. i don't look at them via there exclusivity) :lol:

Playstation did something right to convert me from nintendo back in like 95/96 was it? PS1 came out..

I would swear to death everyday with my mate that N64 owned the PS1, (having only played it a few times) and whilst i was right in some respects, i was wrong in many others :lol: damn those cartiridges and there in abilty to render decent textures..not that the ps1 (looking back now) was that much better.. i got a PS1 later that xmas, and haven't looked elsewhere since (except the Wii because i couldn't afford a PS3 at the time).

Not dissing Xbox 360 here, its a decent system, i almost swayed back last august, but PS3 just cut it for me, probably because i was already a playstation fan, and never got into the original xbox when it came out, as all my mates had PS2 and i had followed suite from PS1.

Unless the Ps4 is something disastrous, really terrible, i can't see me swaying back to nintendo or over to microsoft haha!

TBH I don't sway one way or the other, I just plat what I like. My 360s taken over from my Wii which you couldn't get me off a while back, although I'll no doubt go crawling back to finish Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid. I blame COD4 and GTA :(.

And yeah, down the line I'll pick myself up a PS3. TBH it's always this way, I pick one console from the off with a wide range of decent games, then at some point I pick up a 2nd, then usually late on I finish off with any I;ve missed so I can play any games I've missed.

Don't really ally myself with a console TBH. I respect what they can do and how each of them revolutionised in various ways (Nintendow itht eh controller and including everyone, 360 leading the way with online), but I'm no fanboy.

I go wherever the games take me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for this, its going to be brilliant!

Preordered the limited edition from Play.com (although it doesn't appear to be displayed there anymore - possibly sold out?)

So many questions to be answered in this one.

Oh, and heres the latest trailer:

Guest johngers
Can't wait for this, its going to be brilliant!

Preordered the limited edition from Play.com (although it doesn't appear to be displayed there anymore - possibly sold out?)

So many questions to be answered in this one.

Oh, and heres the latest trailer:

Would advise against play.com mate, try either shopto.net or hmv.

I've always used play.com and never had a spot of bother. In fact, I usually get preordered releases a couple days before they're released in the shops.

You had a previous bad experience?

I've always used play.com and never had a spot of bother. In fact, I usually get preordered releases a couple days before they're released in the shops.

You had a previous bad experience?

Its weird, some people have, others haven't.

Luck of the draw i guess :lol:

Play.com has always been fine with me with preorder stuff, and ditto i would get stuff a couple of days before release usually too!

:P

Out in 12 days time! Getting real excited about this one, especially having read some of the reviews of it.

All perfect 10s so far in the magazines and awarded a 9.9 on IGN.