Who's in goal for the final...

Danny

This just occurred to me.

If AM is fit in 2 weeks, will he be a stick on to get his place back by default?

Or will Alexander maybe expect to stay in on merit?

Was thinking this.

Depends on how we'll he's training really.

If he looks rusty in any way its probably alexander, but if he's fit then Allan McGregor. It'd be a shame on Alexander, but its not a time to be sentimental.

It is a very tough ( but a great position to be in, 2 fantastic keepers!) choice for Walt et al. How can he drop Alexander who has been awesome when called upon, in Europe, but also could he afford to not recall McGregor should he be fit who has been amazing all season. If McGregor is fit AND has had at least one match in the league and come through ok, I personally think he will play in Manchester

That's an agonising decision to make but I have a feeling Walter would play McGregor if he is deemed fit and ready.

Personally I have no preference but I think Walter would feel that McGregor is the official number one and would feel happier returning to the original formula.

I would prefer Alexander,just for the final.The boy deserved his place in the team and he help us to reach the final,doing great job.Let`s give Alan some time to recover from his injury,it was hard and long season for him.Also we didn`t seen Mac in last weeks,so we don`t know in what form he will be.But we know Alexander is solid.That`s enough IMO.

tough one, but i have to agree if he gets a game under his belt beforehand he has to be number 1, gutting for alexander but he knew he was joining as the backup and even if he doesn't play in the final he still gets a medal n can be proud of his part in it. Still i think he has shown us enuf to feel that the final would be in safe hands were he to get the nod.

Mon the Gers!!!!

:rangers::rangers:

I don't think there is much difference in terms of ability between McGregor and Alexander, so with that in mind, I'd stick with Alexander, rather than bringing McGregor in effectively out of the cold, which is particularly dangerous with a goalkeeper in my view. Even if he plays one domestic game before it, it's not sufficient preparation after a long lay off in my opinion.

I don't think there is much difference in terms of ability between McGregor and Alexander, so with that in mind, I'd stick with Alexander, rather than bringing McGregor in effectively out of the cold, which is particularly dangerous with a goalkeeper in my view. Even if he plays one domestic game before it, it's not sufficient preparation after a long lay off in my opinion.

Think back to Watterus' debut against the Scum.

Outstanding, and I think that was his first competitive game that season. If anything, goalies can get away with inactivity MORE than other players.

Think it will be McGregor.He should'nt be overlooked as it was mainly down to him and King Carlos we have had a great season. Im not really bothered who plays really.The wife could play in goal behind that defence ! THE IRON CURTAIN.

Think back to Watterus' debut against the Scum.

Outstanding, and I think that was his first competitive game that season. If anything, goalies can get away with inactivity MORE than other players.

Could also give the example of Klos coming back in against Celtic though, where he was woeful and cost us.

I think there is also a difference between non-selection and inactivity due to injury. Wattereus would have been in full training with Man City/Rangers and playing reserve games. McGregor would be coming back in after no, or limited, training and no reserve games.

It will be McGregor. Tough perhaps on Alexander, but McGregor has earned the right over a fantastic season for him.

If we can set McGregor, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac & Hemdani out against the Commies then we have more than a fighting chance of a stunning victory in Manchester!

If AM is fit it should be him.

As much we were under the cosh last night, Alexander didnt really have to pull off a match-winning save, their shots were mostly from distance and never going to bother us.

This just occurred to me.

If AM is fit in 2 weeks, will he be a stick on to get his place back by default?

Or will Alexander maybe expect to stay in on merit?

What a dillemma!

how can anyone say Alexander is Class is beyond me, a very good keeper yes.

He also knows he came here to be backup to AM if he is fit he should be in no questions, he has proved his worth time and time again.

Remember the farce off SK we all wanted him between the sticks once he was fit again because he was no1.