"Revolting Rangers"

Rangers have reached the UEFA Cup Final with an approach that was either “heroic†or enough to make Susy Campanale lose her faith in football

If I were a Rangers fan, I’d frankly be embarrassed right now rather than celebrating. To see a team play that badly, that negatively and that cynically and yet reach the UEFA Cup Final is a painful event for any admirer of this sport.

The British media was all over the “heroic†performance, but can you imagine what the same people would say if an Italian side played like that? The Catenaccio and “typical negative Italian†jokes would come out, combined with complaints that they were out to kill the game for fans and neutrals alike. It’s a farce to see Rangers praised for such an approach.

This is a team that scored five goals in eight games to reach the Final. Having difficulty scoring is one thing, but Rangers seem to start out with penalties at the forefront of their minds. They never intend to get a goal unless it’s on the break or from a lucky deflection.

I have never seen a club side defend so deep and at times I wondered whether the entire match would be played in one half of the field. Watching Scotland play you’d never dream of such a negative tactic, yet Rangers are in the running for four trophies despite the fact watching them is a dispiriting and depressing experience.

At least Zenit St Petersburg can be proud after a fantastic performance to crush Bayern Munich 4-0. Even with Luca Toni back from a ban, the Germans were unravelled by a side that knew how to attack as well as defend. Surely all neutrals will be cheering on the Russians in Manchester?

The UEFA Cup has often been one of shocks in recent years and Zenit are among the most impressive underdogs ever seen in the competition. Before a ball was even kicked in this campaign there have been dreams of the Toni v Viola Final, but as it turns out neither of them are turning up to the reunion. Maybe it’ll have to wait until the Champions League…

Of course this semi-final also proved beyond reasonable doubt that Christian Vieri has left his retirement at least two years too late. Every time Bobo lumbers on to the pitch with a wobbly belly and increasingly daft haircut, a little bit more of the respect that the football world still has for this man ebbs away down the drain. He strikes a pitiful figure and at this rate would struggle to find first team football at Bari. Someone put him out of his misery.

GET IT UP YE! WE'RE OFF TO MANCHESTER YOU'RE NOOOOO :crabflute:

She wasnt very complimentary about scotland after we got beat 2-1 by the tallies, saying we moaned about nothing when chiellini took out hutton and somehow won a free kick :rolleyes:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA. Laughing good at this one. Oh the pain...eat it woman!

aye, some of the things she comes out with are laughable.

this is my favourite

If I were a Rangers fan, I’d frankly be embarrassed right now rather than celebrating.

thats right, we're in the final and we're not going to celebrate it :rolleyes: . its a right shame our defence is so good. :rangers:

Even if the author is a woman - her opinions are valid - INCORRECT but valid. This is just the grumblings of someone who didn't win. We won, we're in the final - she/their no - simple!

If the "journalist" would direct her eyes to the following link she would notice 2 things

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ext/4785061.stm

a) We tested their keeper 6 times to their 8

b) They had 20 shots off target to our 1

That says to me a couple of things, firstly that we do attack and even from the end of ITV4's programme last night they showed that we had many good clear cut chances, secondly we can have all the players we want behind the ball but if the opposition can't get their shots on target then what does that say about them?

In the end the boot can chew on my fat one!

:bouncy:

couple of other funny quotes from the article.

the Germans were unravelled by a side that knew how to attack as well as defend.

think many would say zenit's defence looked dodgy? i thought that their keeper was very dodgy! shows how much she watched that game, she obviously just checked the scoreline at the end :rolleyes:

Before a ball was even kicked in this campaign there have been dreams of the Toni v Viola Final, but as it turns out neither of them are turning up to the reunion. Maybe it’ll have to wait until the Champions League…

thats right, like we are ever going to see a fiorentina v bayern champions league final before toni retires :rolleyes:

the Germans were unravelled by a side that knew how to attack as well as defend.

think many would say zenit's defence looked dodgy? i thought that their keeper was very dodgy! shows how much she watched that game, she obviously just checked the scoreline at the end :rolleyes:

Maybe she meant Bremen ;)

Surely all neutrals will be cheering on the Russians in Manchester?

Yeah, because that's totally the definition of 'neutral'.

The UEFA Cup has often been one of shocks in recent years and Zenit are among the most impressive underdogs ever seen in the competition.

Yeah, because we've been favourites all through the competition.

Seriously, women :rolleyes:

Maybe she meant Bremen ;)

:rangers:

Even if the author is a woman - her opinions are valid - INCORRECT but valid

Her opinions are valid. Are you serious???? Next you will want them to get the vote.

Thank fuck I wasn't having a drink when I read this.

Surely all neutrals will be cheering on the Russians in Manchester?

Yeah, because that's totally the definition of 'neutral'.

The UEFA Cup has often been one of shocks in recent years and Zenit are among the most impressive underdogs ever seen in the competition.

Yeah, because we've been favourites all through the competition.

Seriously, women :rolleyes:

can you believe she gets paid to write this shite?

Stupid half baked coments from a stupid half baked brain.

I'm in the Walter Smith camp with these cretins.

Instead of going on about styles of play or defensive ugly football, why don't you just come out, call a spade a spade and say "I'm so terribly pissed off those nasty Rangers players had the temerity to stop me getting my all expenses paid jolly to Manchester"

You are, my dear, a stupid bint who know as much about football as i know about catholic ceremonies.

Viva Mancunia!

As soon as I read a woman wrote the article I stopped reading. They're opinions are not valid.

I suppose as a woman there is no point me trying to defend that as my opinion is not valid :rolleyes:

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: