really, really bad news for the final

Guest Andypendek

Guest Andypendek

bbc scotland radio have just carried a piece by bbc manchester's ian cheeseman, in which he interviews the match commander, a gerry conlan or connolly. there's a good start, i thought. but worse was to come - his advice to all fans: stay away if you don't have a ticket. totally uncompromising, unable to answer the lad cheeseman's questions when he asked, yes, but there WILL be 1000s coming, what will you do? 'if you don't have a ticket, don't come.'

result - harrassment in our own country for the heinous crime of going to watch a football match, or else civic meltdown as the coppers overreact to a situation they should be able to see from 2 weeks away.

this is really pissing me off big time.

So Greater Manchester Police plan to close their city to everyone except the 44,000 ticket holders? They are living in Cloud-Cuckoo Land! They must prepare themselves for well over the 100,000 Bears that have already been mentioned. I've been contacted by a host of mates today already, and every single one of them is planning to hit Manchester!

Anyone else see a massive cock-up approaching?! doh

Fuck em

theres lbears in Manchester anyway, what am i gonna be banned from the city cos i dont have ticket, bollox more the merrier, i cant wait for the invasion!!!

see ya there lads, and lassies

Surely the Manchester authorities will not be stupid enough to think that only fans with tickets to the game are going to go. I know loads of people that are just going down to be there, I don't know anyone that's actually got a ticket though! Nobody can stop our fans traveling, so they should be preparing for thousands to arrive in Manchester for a few days, not making pointless statements that nobody's actually going to listen to.

The Manchester police said they were expecting massive numbers of bears to travel there, at least they're not deluding themselves.

If their police aren't up to the job they shouldn't have bid for the final ... it's as simple as that

:clap:

If their police aren't up to the job they shouldn't have bid for the final ... it's as simple as that

The police have already said a couple weeks ago that if Rangers made the final they were expecting up to 400,000 of us down there.

So I dunno who this guy is that's telling people not to travel but, tbh, nobody's going to listen to him, are they? Oh no, we'd better all stay at home for the game now, some guy says we shouldn't travel unless we have tickets for the game :rolleyes: aye right haha.

HERE WE, HERE WE, HERE WE FUKING GO!!!!!!!!

That just makes me want to go even more!!!!! FINAL HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You would think instead of being negative they might open a park somewhere with a big screen and welcome the amount of money that is going to be spent in thier city. Buring thier heads in the sand isnt going to work they have to be pro active about this. I will also see you there Mr Cheesman

There is nothing law which can prevent our fans or any other mebers of the public attending any given location, except provisions under the Terrorism Act, where the police can prevent persons from accessing and removing them from a given area - however, there needs to be just cause.

In this respect, there is no lawful case to answer, attending a football match or shopping in a city centre does not meet this criteria. Remember that, if they attempt to enforce this - they are breaking the law and breaching their human rights. GMP don't know what they are talking about, perhaps, they would have been better looking at their own internal practices and their former CC. who was screwing around and abusing his position in office !

There is nothing law which can prevent our fans or any other mebers of the public attending any given location, except provisions under the Terrorism Act, where the police can prevent persons from accessing and removing them from a given area - however, there needs to be just cause.

In this respect, there is no lawful case to answer, attending a football match or shopping in a city centre does not meet this criteria. Remember that, if they attempt to enforce this - they are breaking the law and breaching their human rights. GMP don't know what they are talking about, perhaps, they would have been better looking at their own internal practices and their former CC. who was screwing around and abusing his position in office !

Very true. It is impossible to enforce this and the authorities down there should prepare for the inevitable blue invasion, rather than making pointless statements like this that are going to be completely ignored anyway.

Manchester -- brace yersel. ffs. Don't they hold major conventions and the like? What's a few hundred thousand bears? fuck all for a 'world class' city like Manchester. lol.

See you there.. and I'm coming from Toronto. Anyone know where I can get a ticket? Seriously? Off the street sounds a wee bit dodgy? What's my best option? Or... let's start a new thread for this?