Response to Manchester police

It could only happen to us. So they wait until after the match and wait until all the flights, ferries, hotels etc etc are booked out with people paying extortionate prices and then have the cheek to tell british fans not to travel to manchester? What is going on?

I have never before known of fans being deterred, especially as we are from the uk. When celtic went to seville and we went to barcelona etc there were no restrictions.

Surely manchester must facilitate the gers fans who will come in their droves simply to be a part of this historic occasion? I for instance have flights etc booked and as yet have no ticket and will find it hard getting one.

I thought it was a certainty that there would be big screens in specially designated zones for us? Anyone know which way this will pan out?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem is no one gave us a dog in hell's chance of making the final - and given it's on 'home' soil, THOUSANDS of fans will be there. And that is going to give Manchester a serious headache in terms of organisation - tbh, I'd be surprised if less than 200,000 fans made the trip. It will possibly be the biggest travelling support football has ever seen.

And Manchester will not be able to handle such numbers.

Typical of the shite we have to put up with down here, they banned the Bolton v Rangers friendly as well for f*ck all.

They would be far better off facilitating Rangers fans than creating tension between us and the police'

I agree that policing will be difficult due to the huge numbers but not putting a big screen on is just a joke, other European cities have had fanzone, why can't the mancs?

An area set aside with large screens would be ideal, Salford should suffice :)

Fact is, no one expects Rangers or Celtic to reach European finals these days, and when they do they don't know how to react. The Old Firm as every1 knows take huge amounts of fans even to pre season friendlies, youd think theyd take their cue from that, but no. There'll be at least 100,000 bears in Manchester and if the facilities are not there, if the research is not done, then unfortunately it'll be pandemonium. And we'll get the blame, as usual.

Is he actually saying stay away from the city or just the ground ?

Because i don't think the match commander would be the guy they would use to tell us to stay away from the city and anyway how could they police that they couldn't.

The only way they could stop us is to cancel the match like they did with Bolton but that's not going to happen.

manchester polis can say what they like ... we are british and have the right to go wherever we please within our own country!!

never a truer word said

we will have the union jack flying high over manchester no matter what they say

:unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag: :unionflag:

This is standard practice guys and is the sensible approach from the Police, will it make any difference will it feck and the Orish bobby will know that for def

frankly its ludicrous any1 from manchester police tellin any1 from glasgow to stay away from a euro final held in manchester. utter idiocy.

megabus will be happy though.

I'd have love to have seen the head of the GMP coming into work this morning and finding out that he had to prepare for 200,000 Gers fans arriving...

He would have been a picture :lol:

It's a fuckin joke.

Just watched the news and they've told us that we should make the trip if we dont have a ticket.

There will be no big screens, nothing.

They expect 60k to turn up. Get real will be double even triple that.

There are plenty of Rangers fans already down here, I get loads of comments when wearing my top at County, mind you it does say Stu Pid on the back!!

Don't worry they'll buckle and arrange a fanzone or something, there are plenty of bars and clubs in Manchester, just not enough!!

Rumours on real radio Old trafford will be opened £10 a ticket - no source

with screens in that?

that would be mint!! be having that me thinks if it happens

..correct response is:...

:bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bu :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: m1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1: :bum1:

Last time I checked I was a UK citizen, al go where I fucking please!!! If the clowns at Manchester Police do not have the infastructure to cope with an influx of supporters from arguably one of europe's largest fanbases then they should not be staging the final itself!!!