I'll get the ball rolling with:

Buy: Arshavin , Rosenberg , Klasnic , Stranzl . Torodosis + Davis

Sell: Broadfoot , Hemdani , Dailly , Smith(GK) , Sebo

PS: Am i allowed to make an Official thread Mods :D

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so difficult to predict who we should go for and why we should go for them.

Although we will all be expecting quality players I think Walter might suprise us and go for players who aren't fashionable names, but have experience at a high level and can offer us something different.

Daniel De Ridder, Birmingham. This is a guy who until last summer, when he became ineligable, was as important to the Holland U21 side as Babel, Drenethe and Huntelaar were. A hugely talented individual, who has simply lost his way since moving to Birmingham. It might just be me, but that sounds like the type of player who would thrive in our current set up. Would offer trickery, excellent technical ability and a genuine threat from the wing.

Nassief Morris, Panathinkios. Caught many peoples eye when we played Panathinikos. Despite lacking a bit of height, he never seemed phased when going up for headers and I think he looks like, and played like the type of player who could be a perfect foil for King Carlos.

They are my main two and I think we could get them both for about 3 million.

As Walter has done a fine job of locating/tracking very decent quality players from the most unlikely of sources I would just wait and see what wonders he can unearth. Feel good about our defense. Maybe a bit of tweakery in the attack. An African or a Brazilian or a Russian quality player.

I was very glad to hear WS say he would be looking to add flair this Summer. I would love a very creative midfielder but one with strength and another one with a rocket shot who gets goals from midfield.

That plus a RB, CH, winger and striker.

Not too much to ask - right?

:harhar: :harhar:

I agree with NVA here. We really need a new midfielder. Who thats going to be we can only speculate about.

However I think that if Walter sticks with his "Buying British" menatality then I think we might go after Jason Koumas.

The guys extremely talented, you only have to watch him to see that but for some reason he just doesn't seem to beable to consistantly perform in The Premiership. I think it's a confidence thing myself but thats neither here nor there.

Anway I think he sees himself as being better than The Championship, as he has proved that he is too good for that league more than once, but will another Premiership club be willing to take a risk on him?

If not then either ourselves or Celtic could be the "wildcard" so to speak. Wigan will probably be happy to get him off their books at a reduced fee and if he came north then he could get to play against opponenets who he is better than doemstically, while still getting the chance to play against the very best in Europe, while not putting his national place under threat either.

People have compared his style of play to Gazza and Walter wants a flair player for the midfield, so logically I think it's a link we might see over the summer months.

I was very glad to hear WS say he would be looking to add flair this Summer. I would love a very creative midfielder but one with strength and another one with a rocket shot who gets goals from midfield.

That plus a RB, CH, winger and striker.

Not too much to ask - right?

:harhar: :harhar:

Would you class Gow and Buffel as flair players that we havent been able to use as much this season?

I'm not sure of players as you never know who is available and how much they want for them.

So position wise I would go for right and left full backs Papac and Broadfoot to cover in central defence, a playmaker and a couple of forwards.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cousin, Sebo, Buffel, Hemdani and Gow leave.

It's so difficult to predict who we should go for and why we should go for them.

Although we will all be expecting quality players I think Walter might suprise us and go for players who aren't fashionable names, but have experience at a high level and can offer us something different.

Daniel De Ridder, Birmingham. This is a guy who until last summer, when he became ineligable, was as important to the Holland U21 side as Babel, Drenethe and Huntelaar were. A hugely talented individual, who has simply lost his way since moving to Birmingham. It might just be me, but that sounds like the type of player who would thrive in our current set up. Would offer trickery, excellent technical ability and a genuine threat from the wing.

Nassief Morris, Panathinkios. Caught many peoples eye when we played Panathinikos. Despite lacking a bit of height, he never seemed phased when going up for headers and I think he looks like, and played like the type of player who could be a perfect foil for King Carlos.

They are my main two and I think we could get them both for about 3 million.

De Ridder is a cracking player!

Skill, pace, strength....It's no surprise to me that McLeish has managed to waste him.

Guest Andypendek

it would be insane to sell broadfoot. he's no-one's idea of a marauding FB but as a squad player who can cover three positions, never gives less than 100% and is prepared to accept being on the sidelines for spells he is invaluable.

the players leaving will be the ones who have not featured this season, buffel and gow in particular. alos brahim seems quite keen to be off judging by his form, and if alexander is permanent then indeed smith should leave. other than that i can't see any others for the exit.

What about Pavlyuchenko

He looked good against celtic this year and has a very impressive record in the russian league

Also Artem Dzyuba he is very good :D

OUT - Sebo , Gow, Cousin , Mculloch ,

IN - S Larrson , Riddier , McSheffrey , Macfadden , Rosenberg

Heres a i wudnt mind having ;) Diego , Andy Van der Meyde

We shouldn't sign half a Birmingham team that just got relegated :P

lol not bad plrs tho n im sure smith wud get the best out of them wen they signed for brum they done not to bad but havent done to gret recently but im positive they still have sommit left in them

lol not bad plrs tho n im sure smith wud get the best out of them wen they signed for brum they done not to bad but havent done to gret recently but im positive they still have sommit left in them

Before an older bear moans the arse off you for it, I'd recommend that you start speaking the the Queen's English!

Can't be having posts that are difficult to read.

Just keeping you in the right B.