Biggest compliment we received

Danny

Was from Andy Townsend last night on ITV4:

'you look at the sides in the CL final, and that is amazing. But Rangers, to achieve what they have. I think that is the bigger achievement.'

He was meaning that we punched well above our weight and achieved more for the sum of our parts than either Chelsea or Man Utd did.

When an English pundit says that, you know you're receiving high praise indeed.

The ITV Commentary team and pundits are a breath of fresh air from the utter pish on STV and BBC. Townsend tells it as it is and always sticks up for us no matter what.

another cracker from the same person, was that they shud send out a video of that match to every club in the UK to teach the young ones how to stay disiplined and hold ur formation while under severe pressure.

another cracker from the same person, was that they shud send out a video of that match to every club in the UK to teach the young ones how to stay disiplined and hold ur formation while under severe pressure.

I can safely say I like Andy Townsend :)

this is my first time posting.......i genuinely still cannot believe we have done it...it's remarkable....i live in canada and had t o watch the game on Fox..their commentators sucked, especially the italian they had who peed his pants when rangers crossed the half way line...he also kept referring to bobo vieri who would surelymwin it for fiori,,,whatever...we made it, and may 14 is the chance for fergie/novo/and the boys to become legends

The ITV Commentary team and pundits are a breath of fresh air from the utter pish on STV and BBC. Townsend tells it as it is and always sticks up for us no matter what.

They are aren't they. When someone with a ROI background like Townsend can be genuinely enthusiastic about what is going Ibrox it shows what a bitter bunch we have up here :angry2:

Was from Andy Townsend last night on ITV4:

'you look at the sides in the CL final, and that is amazing. But Rangers, to achieve what they have. I think that is the bigger achievement.'

He was meaning that we punched well above our weight and achieved more for the sum of our parts than either Chelsea or Man Utd did.

When an English pundit says that, you know you're receiving high praise indeed.

And thats from Andy (Ive not done much in football) Townsend

Thanks anyway Andy self proclaimed pundit :rolleyes:

Great comment (tu) absolutely spot on

To be honest the ITV 4 team are night and day better than STV and BBC - they are fair, genuinely enthusastic about football and real supporters of British teams. None of the negative pish we get from Archie McPherson - my wife watched with me on Thursday and it was the first time she had watched ITV 4 - we turned back to STV at the start of the second half and my wife said after 2 mnutes - get back to ITV 4 cause she couldnt stand the negativity on STV.

him and Robbie Earle, never mind jim Beglin and Drury...great team

ITV4 just has a great team! Hope its them doing the final...not that you'll be able to hear the tv in a STADIUM in manchester

(tu)

they have been spot on for their coverage

Captain of the Republic of Ireland with 70 caps.

Played in 2 World Cups

2 English League Cup Winners medals

Played for Chelsea, Aston Villa, Middlesbro, Southampton & Norwich.

You're right, he's done fuck all...... doh

that was my fave bit as well mate,

"thats how you defend as a unit, thats how you hold your shape"

ITV's english coverage of UEFA and Rangers is spot on

this is my first time posting.......i genuinely still cannot believe we have done it...it's remarkable....i live in canada and had t o watch the game on Fox..their commentators sucked, especially the italian they had who peed his pants when rangers crossed the half way line...he also kept referring to bobo vieri who would surelymwin it for fiori,,,whatever...we made it, and may 14 is the chance for fergie/novo/and the boys to become legends

Welcome to the site buddy (tu)

:)

Welcome to the site buddy (tu)

:)

What he said :rangers:

Guest Andypendek

not exactly a hard task, it has to be said...'don't furget wur majic competishun, win a bug telly. jist tell us: wherz the home uh scoattish fitba? iz ut a, hampden, b, moscow or c, ma back door? and noo, some mair adverts fur borrheid travel.'

Captain of the Republic of Ireland with 70 caps.

Played in 2 World Cups

2 English League Cup Winners medals

Played for Chelsea, Aston Villa, Middlesbro, Southampton & Norwich.

You're right, he's done fuck all...... doh

:lol:

Too true WVB. I wonder what drugs some people consume before coming on this board (td)