Kids under 16 not to get an allocation

ally62

Don't know if this has been discussed.....

Phoned the ticket office & they're telling me that no kids under 16 will be eligable for tickets....

I've got one gutted 15 year old on my hands.

:angry2:

Guest Andypendek

my god....i wonder what other obstacles UEFA and the like will think of next to stop people enjoying the people's game?

That is damn harsh. But theres a couple of angles I guess. If there was a Bear true of heart , who was approaching his 80s and had never been to Barca 72 , then I would probably be more inclined to let him have a brief than someone much younger with time on their side.

well knowone is as sick as me, i follow rangers to every home and away match every week, been to 5 out of 7 euro games this season, sent a form trying to join travel club 7 months ago and havent had anything back and now theres no chance of me getting a ticket for the final. makes me sick all the idiots of the day who dont support rangers the way i do everyweek who are getting tickets because they know the right people.

its not a uefa thing its a travelclub thing as the excuse they use is that most away games are during the school term and they dont want to be seen encouriging people taking theyre kids out of school

thats why you need to be 16 to join travelclub

its not a uefa thing its a travelclub thing as the excuse they use is that most away games are during the school term and they dont want to be seen encouriging people taking theyre kids out of school

thats why you need to be 16 to join travelclub

That actually makes sense to me. But Rangers know that people will take there kids and they will not be stopped getting into the ground either. It's not as bad as you think, just the sensible thing to do these days.

Quite right too.... No kids.

No women either.

In fact......39 year old white van drivers only. :unionflag: :unionflag:

We'd still fill the stadium!

Thats a shiter.

If they want to miss a day off school to go and watch the Rangers let them :rangers:

Aslong as there attendance isnt awful then why shouldnt they be allowed off?

Whats the difference in letting Pupils stay off with soreheads, Going on trips arranged by the school and going away and playing football with the school.

Aslong as they dont have attendance below 90% why not?

Ive missed at least 15 days off school this year to go and watch the Rangers and could i care? No i got to see the team i loved. Did the school make a big thing no? Most teacher laughed when i told them

Thats a shiter.

If they want to miss a day off school to go and watch the Rangers let them :rangers:

Whats the difference in letting Pupils stay off with soreheads, Going on trips arranged by the school and going away and playing football with the school.

Ive missed at least 15 days off school this year to go and watch the Rangers and could i care? No i got to see the team i loved. Did the school make a big thing no? Most teacher laughed when i told them

More to do with the fact that theres big exams on. Not just any old school day missed.

Thats a shiter.

i agree that it shouldnt be an issue but its a travelclub rule so you cant change it just for a final

what we need to remember these under 16s will be the people who hopefully will be the ones who will be the future loyal fans to replace guys that contribute to this board

I remember being under 16 and missing out on some amazing trips like Marseilles, Brugges, Juventus, Ajax.

Its unfair, but it just makes you even more keen and determined to get as many under your belt when you start earning/get your own passport.

Thats a shiter.

More to do with the fact that theres big exams on. Not just any old school day missed.

So do people in higher education over 16, People in college, Uni etc. all have exams. Do they not get a say in tickets now aswell..No one excpected us to get to the final so no one can use Exams as an excuse. Kids should be allowed in the travel club

I remember being under 16 and missing out on some amazing trips like Marseilles, Brugges, Juventus, Ajax.

Its unfair, but it just makes you even more keen and determined to get as many under your belt when you start earning/get your own passport.

i was fortuanate to be at the games you mentioned

i remember my dad not letting me go to dublin when we played there never spoke to him for 2 days but now im older and hopefully wiser i realised he only done it cause he would have been worried sick because of the impendig riots that took place

Whats the difference in under 16 fans travelling from Lewis, Shetland, NI, London etc. Staying the night in Glasgow for a home European game.. than under 16 fans travelling abroad to a european game?

I dont know, but its a rule of the travel club and has always been a rule and it wont change now when they need to cover thier own backs and make sure as many people within thier rules (rightly or wrongly) get a ticket.

Whats the difference in under 16 fans travelling from Lewis, Shetland, NI, London etc. Staying the night in Glasgow for a home European game.. than under 16 fans travelling abroad to a european game?

rangers cant control who goes to home games because they sell season tkts for under 16s but for the travelclub they wont let under 16s join

we could talk all night but thats the way they do it whether its right or wrong im split on it as my mates got a tkt but cant get 1 for his 11 year old son unless he pays silly money

So I was 15 when the season started and 16 during the season but have been paying concession prices for European games and Scottish Cup games and the likes, so does that mean that I will be eligible for it? Also, if not then its crap cause only adults from the family section get offered Celtic home tickets and i got offered 1 so if they are treating me like an adult for that then i should be an adult for the Uefa cup final tickets aswell.

Quite right RDB. Missing school has never done you any harm. I'd go as far as to say that you failing English would be unpossible.

:harhar: