Greater Manchester Police

Cancelled a friendly between us and bolton because 7000 fans without tickets were travelling.

Let cause such a big invasion of Manchester that they cant stop it :rangers:

They only excpect 13000 Rangers fans in the stadium.. Ohhh are they in for a shock :craphead:

Im excpecting a good 30,000 Rangers fans to have got tickets for the game from somewere!

With a further 100,000 outside :lol:

Personally I think that their own stubborness is just going to create problems for themselves.

If they set up a big screen somewhere we would all be concntrated in near enough one area, thus making it easier for them to police.

By not setting up screens they are effectively leaving us to our own devices. Surely this means that there will be pockets of bears all over Manchester, therefore making it more diffuclt for them to police.

I don't know what to do tbh. I don't have a ticket, and I wont get one.

I was going to go down and I was looking forward to going down there to soak up the atmosphere, but is it going to be worth it if the police are just going to be causing problems left right and centre and most bears aren't even going to be together?

I was going to go down and I was looking forward to going down there to soak up the atmosphere, but is it going to be worth it if the police are just going to be causing problems left right and centre and most bears aren't even going to be together?

That's their strategy..dissuade as many as poss...in reality they are planning for anything up to a few hundred thousand....I predict that they will actually provide the right facilities for the travelling masses as they know enough about game policing to know that if it's not a big PARTY..it's a big WAR!!

No one wants that...

:unionflag:

I wonder how the authorities in Manchester would react if say Liverpool stepped in and said they would accomodate ticketless fans and set up areas with screens. Would be a right earner for their local economy.

GMP will have received a flood of emails from timmy, stirring it up for us.

I think we are being drawn into a stand-off with the GMP, and they are quite happy to smash our heads in with their big batons.

Something better be organised for the fans, hopefully the RST are on the case. Otherwise, i foresee another European ban for Rangers. I really do fear that we are in danger of being stitched up here, as a support. There WILL be disorder if the police are heavy-handed with innocent Bears.

They've had FanZone all over Europe for ticketless fans but they can't cater for us in our own country?

If we genuinely are to believe that the green filth have been stirring things up, we'd better be a bit cleverer than rise to the bait and try to confront the authorities over this.

Let's wait and see what happens, we all know the GMP have form with Rangers with the Bolton game, surely these idiots have to answer to a higher authority?

Hopefully the RST can arrange a compromise, Heaton Park is about 5 miles north of the city centre and could accomodate the majority if not all of the travelling Bears and is a venue where they regularly hold concerts and big events.

To me they are just being obstructive.

I'm having the same dilemma at the moment. I've had a hotel booked in Manchester since we got past Panathinaikos *just in case*. I've got no tickets for the final and not a hope in hell of getting any, but I was going to travel down anyway... now I'm wondering if it'll be worth my while. I genuinely expected big screens etc to be set up as a matter of routine, but if GMP are digging their heels in over this, I don't want the night spoiled by all this other nonsense I keep reading about, or be running around Manchester trying to find somewhere to watch the game when I could probably just watch on big screens in George Square instead. I really need to be sorting out time off work etc and I have no idea at the moment what to do!

I really don't see what their problem is in setting up screens. From their point of view, surely better to keep us all in the one area and therefore easier for crowd control?? :rolleyes:

Just so you know, they set up a fans zone for us Barca fans in Manchester on tuesday, seems odd not to do it for a final. When i went to Paris for the CL final they had a massive area for fans, probably big enough for 200,000.

Abit of other advice. If you're driving down late, be careful as the traffic was a nightmare. 1 guy i was meeting with finally got there with 5mins to spare before KO. Also the stewards were real bastards, they took my mates ticket and wouldn't give it back. When he complained to a policeman he was told it was private property and not his problem. So just be careful there guys.

They either accomodate us, or there will be a riot. That is what they are faced with. Less than 11 days to sort this mess out but there will be thousands upon thousands of us there either way. I wont be put off by some tarrier copper.