£25 million for Rangers - Europe this year

Fixxxer

RANGERS stand to earn in the region of between £20million and £25million for reaching the Uefa Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg on 14 May.

The Ibrox club claimed a penalty shoot-out victory against Fiorentina on Thursday night which will see Walter Smith's team earn a substantial windfall.

Rangers already had up to £11million in the bank this term for their participation in the lucrative Champions League phase. Ultimately, the team did not progress, but gate receipts for home games against Barcelona, Stuttgart and Olympique Lyonnais generated further income for the club.

The average crowd for the three group matches averaged at around 50,000 and that figure was further enhanced by the Uefa Cup run, which has gained momentum up until Thursday's semi-final victory. Home legs against Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina would have also brought in around £2million each to the club.

Television income will also be added to the final calculation by the Ibrox board. With Rangers the only British club progressing beyond the quarter-final stage of the Uefa Cup this season, their exploits have been the subject of interest for ITV4 along with the regular coverage of BBC Scotland throughout the campaign. Add in around £1million from European television to the domestic figure of around £2.5million.

If Rangers defeat Zenit St Petersburg and former manager, Dick Advocaat, in Manchester a week on Wednesday, they will rake in a further £2million, while even defeat will see the Ibrox coffers boosted to the tune of £1.2million.

The subject of merchandise will also raise the financial stakes for Rangers in the build-up to the final at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Brand awareness will raise finance from team sponsors, especially shirt manufacturers, Umbro.

Sales of Celtic replica shirts rocketed for the Uefa Cup final in 2003, garnering £1.8million for the kit manufacturers.

As a result of Celtic's run to the final defeat by FC Porto five years ago, Umbro looked to re-negotiate an extension to their sponsorship, which could be the case with Rangers also.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Smith-not-...call.4047840.jp

Rangers Debts should be cleared :pipe:

Depends if SDM wants to pay the debt off, or try and carry on the success to next season by investing.

If it was me i'd split the money 50/50 half towards the debt, and Half towards next season (tu)

RANGERS stand to earn in the region of between £20million and £25million for reaching the Uefa Cup final against Zenit St Petersburg on 14 May.

The Ibrox club claimed a penalty shoot-out victory against Fiorentina on Thursday night which will see Walter Smith's team earn a substantial windfall.

Rangers already had up to £11million in the bank this term for their participation in the lucrative Champions League phase. Ultimately, the team did not progress, but gate receipts for home games against Barcelona, Stuttgart and Olympique Lyonnais generated further income for the club.

The average crowd for the three group matches averaged at around 50,000 and that figure was further enhanced by the Uefa Cup run, which has gained momentum up until Thursday's semi-final victory. Home legs against Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina would have also brought in around £2million each to the club.

Television income will also be added to the final calculation by the Ibrox board. With Rangers the only British club progressing beyond the quarter-final stage of the Uefa Cup this season, their exploits have been the subject of interest for ITV4 along with the regular coverage of BBC Scotland throughout the campaign. Add in around £1million from European television to the domestic figure of around £2.5million.

If Rangers defeat Zenit St Petersburg and former manager, Dick Advocaat, in Manchester a week on Wednesday, they will rake in a further £2million, while even defeat will see the Ibrox coffers boosted to the tune of £1.2million.

The subject of merchandise will also raise the financial stakes for Rangers in the build-up to the final at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Brand awareness will raise finance from team sponsors, especially shirt manufacturers, Umbro.

Sales of Celtic replica shirts rocketed for the Uefa Cup final in 2003, garnering £1.8million for the kit manufacturers.

As a result of Celtic's run to the final defeat by FC Porto five years ago, Umbro looked to re-negotiate an extension to their sponsorship, which could be the case with Rangers also.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Smith-not-...call.4047840.jp

Oh dear, I accidentally forwarded that to liewell

While not trying to put a damper on this - cause their is NO doubt that the run will have generated good cash, I just think that £25M is way over the mark. Still I think that 'talk' that a UEFA run is no help to finance is also shot. Truth will be someplace in the middle.

WS should get more than 50-50 of that money, as I recall there was money available in the January window and the money from the sale of Hutton so the bulk of money should be available for transfers. It is always better to invest from a position of strengh

Talk about money. I forgot about that aspect.

Yes, in all the euphoria it's not been mentioned. Another thing I didn't hear about was any bonus the players were on for beating Fiorentina. There was talk of a £35k reward for getting past Sporting but I didn't hear anything about the semi-final....did anyone?

All that money :drool:

Remember we're paying out around £200k on the UEFA cup run at least per man. So that's about £4mil or so probably.

Plus; hotels, planes, travel extra don't come cheap.