When did you start thinking about us reaching the final of the UEFA cup?

J_RFC87

I can't see many people saying before we entered the UEFA cup anyway.

The initial dream was to qualify for the last 16 of the CL, which went horribly wrong with that Lyon game :(

I was quite happy with the draw, and just hoped we would play Werder just for the German tv money that would flow in.

After Panathanikos, I didn't expect much.

It was only when I was walking home from the Werder game, after we had won 2-0, I thought about if it's possible. That was the first time I thought about getting to the final and winning it.

After we beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0, I was convinced we would beat Fiorentina to qualfiy.

I suspect most people will be the same? :rangers:

When we managed to fend of Werder Bremen.

That was the 1st time it really dawned on me that it's possible.

I still maintain that they were possibly the best team in the cup.

I had a dream we would get to the Final on Penalties months back after Panathinaikos,Told my Bro and my mates, and everybody thought i was mad :(

It's actually freaked me out a bit, here's hoping i get one of us lifting the UEFA CUP (tu):rangers:

I had a dream we would get to the Final on Penalties months back,Told my Bro and my mates, and everybody thought i was mad :(

It's actually freaked me out a bit, here's hoping i get one of us lifting the UEFA CUP (tu):rangers:

you are mad db but i had a feeling we could get there after the onslaught in bremen

I still really can't believe it. Considering where we were 18 months ago, getting beat off St J and Dunfermline, hammered by Hibs at Ibrox. It is truly amazing.

Walter Smith should be knighted for his achievements with Rangers. The guy is a total genius.

I would say it wa after the first 20 minutes of the game on Thursday.

Just saw the Italians were not going to do much and crapped themselves when Rangers looked like going on a good break.

One of our lads (Bochum Loyal) Said on the train home after the Bremen game that we would reach the Final.He also wanted to book a flight, hotel and tickets for the game.As you can think we said theres a lot of football to be played before that.

Well Well Well he was spot on, the big man