Asians in British Football (and scottish)

As you have probably realised, theres no asian football players in the UK leagues (as far as I know) which is strange. Its always been kinda weird how there have been quite a few asians in the england cricket team but when it comes to football, theres next to no asian football players in English and Scottish leagues. This is contradicted by the fact that loads of asians, including myself, have an interest in it and play it regulary. As am asian myself, I've sometimes had conversations about this with other people and I think its been highlighted in the media a few times aswell in relation to alot of blacks playing but no asians.

Which brings me onto my cousin, who plays for Hamilton Accies youth/reserves. Seems like he is pretty close to getting a first team run out maybe next season, so it would be a huge achievment if we had maybe the only asian player playing in the UK playing in the SPL for the accies.

Just thought i'd get your views on the subject, if any

i hate this lack of this lack of that.

if there are no women in the sewers or no men working in a lingerie shop so what!

do we need a black, white, yellow, old , young person in every ad on the telly?

if we are stopping anyone from doing anything thats very bad, but that is not the case.

dont go looking for PC issues .

if everyone is equal in your eyes HOW COME YOU NOTICED?

there aint too many gingers in rap music now i think of it :rolleyes:

simple fact is when am playing football i VERY RARELY see Asian people playing, i know of one and thats a boy from my uni, but only plays now and again, most times when i see an asian crowd? in their fancy BMW's, Honda Civic TypeR's cruising through the streets with music blaring out their big sound systems, u may think am stereotyping, but thats just my personal experience on things. Most of them aren't interested. Alot is to do with family businesses and their sons taking over, i've known a few people from my school and stuff who have done that aswell.

or they may just not be good enough like Dado said :pipe:

As you have probably realised, theres no asian football players in the UK leagues (as far as I know) which is strange. Its always been kinda weird how there have been quite a few asians in the england cricket team but when it comes to football, theres next to no asian football players in English and Scottish leagues. This is contradicted by the fact that loads of asians, including myself, have an interest in it and play it regulary. As am asian myself, I've sometimes had conversations about this with other people and I think its been highlighted in the media a few times aswell in relation to alot of blacks playing but no asians.

Which brings me onto my cousin, who plays for Hamilton Accies youth/reserves. Seems like he is pretty close to getting a first team run out maybe next season, so it would be a huge achievment if we had maybe the only asian player playing in the UK playing in the SPL for the accies.

Nackered Motor at ra shellick, Park Ji-Sung at ManU, Seol Ki-Hyeon at Fulham, Lee Dong-Gook at Middlesbrough, Lee Young-Pyo at Tottenham.

Quite a lot for a continent that has only recently discovered football, won't you agree ? :)

I've always put it down to certain races being good at certain sports, like black people generally being faster. I'm half asian and always been shite at footy, I just assumed it was the same for others :lol:.

what about that chinese guy that was at the tims? :craphead: was gutted when he left. :unionflag:

on a serious note, i agree with those who say they must not be good enough.

They could du wei him in their team just now i reckon :craphead:

Nackered Motor at ra shellick, Park Ji-Sung at ManU, Seol Ki-Hyeon at Fulham, Lee Dong-Gook at Middlesbrough, Lee Young-Pyo at Tottenham.

Quite a lot for a continent that has only recently discovered football, won't you agree ? :)

By asians I meant south asians, indian/pakistanis :rolleyes:

if there are no women in the sewers or no men working in a lingerie shop so what!

I agree wholeheartedly. It's getting ridiculous now, this political correctness.

given the number of young south Asians in the UK and the enthusiasm for the sport in the sub-continent, I know the ECB has often been surprised that there haven't been a lot more young Asians playing for England at cricket.

IMO, the biggest reason so few young British Asians get into professional sports is because for the most part their parents would be furious if they did. Most Asian kids that I know are pressured very heavily by their parents to achieve academically or to join the family business, not play sports. Its the same with the stats about Asians in the police. Some white MP was getting really wound up a couple of years ago about there being proportionately few Asians joining the pigs and saying it revealed a massive disconnect. Then someone mentioned that Asians were disproportionately represented among lawyers. It wasn't that Asians didn't want to be involved in the justice system, but that they didn't want to end up as plods on the beat.

Similar thing with football, there are lads out there who love it and enjoy it like your cousin but IMO the majority of their parents are hoping their kids can do something professional. Nobody in the world reveres university education and professional designations like the Indians.

what about that chinese guy that was at the tims? :craphead: was gutted when he left. :unionflag:

on a serious note, i agree with those who say they must not be good enough.

Septic only bought him to sell jerseys in China ... if they liked football on Mars they would sign a Martian, indeed who would notice another little green man at septic park :cool:

if we are stopping anyone from doing anything thats very bad, but that is not the case.

dont go looking for PC issues .

if everyone is equal in your eyes HOW COME YOU NOTICED?

there aint too many gingers in rap music now i think of it :rolleyes:

I agree if the boys were talented enough they would be picked up. Teams like Man UTD wouldn't turn there back on a Pakistani/Indian just because his religion/race. If he was a cracking player there is no way they would let anyone else snap him up.

They just aren't good enough. I think there has been one and that was Harpal Singh who came through at Leeds.

jazz juttla played in rangers youth set up and i remember a guy i played with called rashid sarwar who went on to play couple of games for kilmarnocks first team

think theres a guy that plays in lower leagues in england but it is strange that theres not that many

maybe it to do with the parents not letting them participate as i know rashids father wasnt keen on him playing for our team

Now FFS dont take this the wrong way.

Bit would that make him a 'Hamilton Accie' :craphead:

Taxi for Harry <cr>

We won't be able to sing our "Famous Hamilton Accies" song next season in the big league :(

I think its more for cultural reasons, than sporting reasons.

Even going to the matches, you see very few Asians at the games, and Glasgow does have a significant Asian population.

Yep, I know it doesnt really matter but it is kind of weird that im one of the few asians who goes to Ibrox lol. I know most of my cousins and asians that I know support Celtic, because of the green in the Pakistan flag matching up. Thats why they chose celtic.

Yeah Ive heard about the culture thing aswell preventing asian kids going in football, but hopefully my cousin can buck the trend and make the first team for the Accies.

I've not seen this wee guy, what age is he and where does he play?