We wouldn't be where we are just now...

ofb1988

Austria Vienna have rejected Rangers' offer of a swap deal involving Nacho Novo and Sasa Papac.

Gers manager Paul Le Guen has already signed Libor Sionko and Filip Sebo from the Viennese side this summer, and had been hoping to raid the Austrians again for Papac.

However, Le Guen's offer of exchanging striker Novo for the defender has been dismissed by Vienna team manager Frenk Schinkels.

"Rangers asked me if I wanted to take the forward Novo in exchange for Sasa, but I'm not interested," Schinkels told the Sunday Mail.

"I don't know anything about the player. I value Sasa between £1.5 million and £1.8 million and, if Novo isn't getting a game for Rangers, he cannot be worth that."

However, Novo's agent has insisted that he knows nothing about the offer.

"As far as I know, Rangers haven't told Nacho anything about this," said Jorge Lera.

"He is happy at Ibrox but would like to be involved more.

"The last time I spoke to him, he wanted to fight for his place."

Novo has played just ten minutes for Rangers this term and does not seem to figure in Le Guen's plans for this season

I hate the cunts name, it led to a wonderful turn around for our club though

"Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.""

We can sit here all night and discuss the wrong moves PLG made.

However, he did make some right moves.

He signed Papac, who is turning out to be an outstanding signing and he signed Dean Furman, who made his debut for Rangers on Saturday and looked decent.

He also tried to sign "Quality" players but was priced out of the market. His main problem was not signing "Journey men" with a bit of experience to help the team.

Lets not forget Walter has spent well over £10 million in his tenure and called in a few favours to get Weir and Dailly.

PLG reign is now in the past, lets let it stay there. I dont see the point in bringing it up every few weeks and especially now, 3 days before the biggest game for the last 36 years.

TBH I don't feel the same animosity towards PLG as some on here, my only gripe at the time was him insisting on playing Letizi instead of McGregor. Even then it was clear Alan was a decent keeper.

PLG got it all wrong "But out of the ashes of defeat, rises a new dawning"

Without PLG we would NOT be where we are today as without such a disaster we would never have turned to Walter and team!